OKCGC | USPSA Match | 10.7.17

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
[SIZE=11.5pt]The October USPSA match is this coming Saturday, October 7th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]$15.00 OKCGC Members[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt]$20.00 Non-OKCGC Members[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Sign-in will start about 9:15, the match should be underway by 10.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Match setup will be Friday afternoon starting about 1PM and help is always appreciated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Online Registration is available (and encouraged) at the following link:
https://practiscore.com/okcgc-uspsa-october-2017-match/register
https://sable.godaddy.com/c/43851?id=155010.851.1.ca314504f18f53a5780a2ef8ad066a19[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt]You can still sign up at the match but if as many preregister as possible, it will save time and help us get underway on time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Please note that we do not offer online self-squadding[/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt]; we will squad just prior to the match start.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Reminder: ALWAYS CHECK THE CLUB CALENDAR & WEBSITE FOR MATCH UPDATES -- especially weather-related changes[/SIZE]

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Just for the record, I'm pretty sure my time on stage 2 is jacked. I shot it fast, but not that fast. I don't think the timer picked up any shots at the last shooting position.

Jcawthon

Well-Known Fanatic
Robbie said:
Just for the record, I'm pretty sure my time on stage 2 is jacked. I shot it fast, but not that fast. I don't think the timer picked up any shots at the last shooting position.
Yeah I was wondering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Robbie said:
I was wondering how the he'll you did that. I was like "well goddam, he smoked that one".

Great weather yesterday! Thank you to those that helped make it happen.
I appreciate your time and hard work for a fun match

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
Robbie said:
I'm just glad that nobody had the honesty to bring this up on the range. It's not like it made a difference with who won the division or anything...

Just kidding. I told him that I'd have to talk trash online after the match...

Rockon71385

Founding Member
If my actual time was less than 21.12, I still would have won the stage and the division. If it was slower than that, Josh Cobb would be the rightful production division winner of the October 2017 OKC Gun Club USPSA Match. I did haul ass on that stage, and especially on the last shooting position because I shot all of the steel on the way in. If I was at 15.11 on my last shot in the 4th position, that means the RO would have had 6 seconds to catch up with me before I fired my last shot. That's quite a bit of time. Not knowing for sure sucks.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
If my actual time was less than 21.12, I still would have won the stage and the division. If it was slower than that, Josh Cobb would be the rightful production division winner of the October 2017 OKC Gun Club USPSA Match. I did haul ass on that stage, and especially on the last shooting position because I shot all of the steel on the way in. If I was at 15.11 on my last shot in the 4th position, that means the RO would have had 6 seconds to catch up with me before I fired my last shot. That's quite a bit of time. Not knowing for sure sucks.
didn't someone video it?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Robbie said:
I didn't have anyone video it, so not unless somebody was behind me taping without saying anything.
I thought I saw it on fb but I'm probably remembering wrong.

Jcawthon

Well-Known Fanatic
A lot of guys shot right around the 22 sec mark. I did all the steel and the far paper from the rear port(fur kicks) and it didn't seem to matter much.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
I shot all of the targets from their respective ports, but shot all of the steel in the last position while moving in. I'm guessing my real time was around 19-20 seconds, but who knows.

6 seconds seems like a long time delay for me to move to the last position, fire 6 shots, and the RO still be far enough behind me for the shots not to trigger the timer. You would think that would have been obvious to the RO.

I thought about taking all of the back targets from the first port, but it seemed like it would be a wash since I would have to do a standing reload anyway. Plus, it would take a lot of focus to go 4 for 4 on steel at that distance with my plastic gun, and I didn't want to end up firing a bunch of extra shots and wasting time.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
Who cares? It was a fun squad and you shot really well. For what it’s worth, I’d be willing to bet you were sub-20.

The sectional should be fun as we find out who gets to be first runner up :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcawthon

Well-Known Fanatic
Robbie said:
I'm guessing my real time was around 19-20 seconds, but who knows.
You're probably right.

Good shooting this weekend bud, OKC and Tulsa.

We need to squad together again soon.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Jcawthon said:
You're probably right.

Good shooting this weekend bud, OKC and Tulsa.

We need to squad together again soon.
You too man! You're tearing it up with that single stack gun.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
You shot the poppers on the way to the last position? I thought the stage brief said all shots had to pass through a port.

Latest posts