OKCGC Oct. Steel Challenge-10/15/16

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
IT'S TIME AGAIN TO SHOOT SOME STEEL!!!!!

Steel challenge is a great way to way to keep the fundamentals sharp for the more experienced shooters or to introduce new & Jr. shooters to the shooting sports.

At the clubhouse starting at around 9:30

We're planning on 6 stages, 5 strings each, 5 targets per string.
Approx. 150 Min. Round Count

Rimfire:
Pistol/Rifle (no tube fed rifles)

Centerfire:
Pistol Caliber Only (Carbines must be 9mm/40/45acp)

Divisions:
Rimfire Rifle Open
Rimfire Pistol Open
Rimfire Rifle Irons
Rimfire Rifle Irons

Production
Single Stack
Limited
Carry Optics
Open
Iron Sight Revolver
Optical Sight Revolver

PCC Open
PCC Irons

10AM start time [sign-in will start about 9:30]
Setup will begin Sat. at 8:30 & all help is appreciated

$15 for club members, $20 for non-members, $5 for a second gun (2 guns max)
$5 For first timers (1 gun only for first timers)
$5 for the kiddos

We will now be turning scores in to SCSA for classifications.
You don't have to be a USPSA/SCSA member to shoot but you will need to be a member if you want to get classified

Got to http://steelchallenge.com/index.php for details

NightShade

Well-Known Fanatic
Will have to see if I can make it out. Won't get home till around midnight Friday and by the time I deal with stuff it will be around 1:00AM. I know I will not make setup.

If I don't make it out hopefully you guys have a good match.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
Wall said:
We will now be turning scores in to SCSA for classifications.
You don't have to be a USPSA/SCSA member to shoot but you will need to be a member if you want to get classified

Got to http://steelchallenge.com/index.php for details
Tony, do you usually send scores in to SCSA? I just looked and I personally don't have any scores on record.

dennishoddy

Steel Challenge Merges into USPSA

When USPSA purchased the Steel Challenge Shooting Association in 2008, the former administration was advised to set it up as an LLC to protect the parent organization. After recent meetings with the organization's attorney and CPA Firm, it has been determined that the need for an LLC no longer exists. Therefore, USPSA and SCSA will be merging into one association with Steel Challenge becoming a shooting discipline alongside practical shooting and multi-gun, all under the USPSA umbrella. If you have time left on your current SCSA membership we will credit that time to your USPSA membership. If you are not a dual member your membership will automatically convert to a USPSA membership of the same type with the same membership expiration date. If a member has a Life membership in both organizations their membership will be converted to a USPSA Benefactor Member. As for clubs, we will continue to maintain separate affiliations, but we will only charge for one. We have found that some clubs prefer to keep their Steel and Practical disciplines separated with a unique organizer for each. We understand that and have decided to continue to allow separate club affiliations. That is, a club can affiliate as a USPSA club, SCSA club or both for one fee. All rules and regulations for each respective discipline still apply, but so do all benefits and rights. Additionally, we will honor those clubs who are currently multi-year affiliates, but in the future, we will offer only single-year reaffiliations, just like USPSA. In a nutshell, we are now offering affiliation or membership in either or both organization for one price â€"and no, that price is not going up as a result. If you are currently an SCSA-only club and would like to add USPSA affiliation for no additional charge â€"or vice versa-- just shoot club organizer, Val Reule ([email protected]) an email and she’ll set you up with your complimentary affiliation. Steel Challenge classifications will be maintained under your USPSA/SCSA member number, but will be independent of your USPSA classification.

Newbie coming tomorrow. Anything extra we should bring besides the usual. 9mm PCC, magazines, eyes, ears, ammo? Is there a preference for FMJ weight? 115, 124 or 147?
Thanks for any tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShaneP

Looks good to me
FreeSpiritBalloon said:
Newbie coming tomorrow. Anything extra we should bring besides the usual. 9mm PCC, magazines, eyes, ears, ammo? Is there a preference for FMJ weight? 115, 124 or 147?
Thanks for any tips.

Welcome to the club!
As far as the FMJ weight, it makes no difference. Whatever your gun will shoot.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
While at the range today my grandson left his lens covers to his red dot. We were on the last action pistol bay on the south end.last one before you get to the cowboy bays.
He thinks he left them on the covered bench on the south side of the bay. If any of you are there early take a look for them. We will be there but not til about 9:15.
Thanks

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Burk Cornelius said:
Little crapper better not beat me.

posted via Tapatalk
He beats me with my own gun :D
He's got two new guns of his own he will shoot tomorrow, so I think I can take him this time.

Now I'm confused, as usual. How can we need slugs when shotguns aren't on the list. Is there a 2 or 3 gun tomorrow also? Maybe you meant slugs from electrical knock outs for the vending machines?

ShaneP

Looks good to me
You can bring as many slugs as you want. Just don't shoot them during the match or at the steel before/after.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
FreeSpiritBalloon said:
Now I'm confused, as usual. How can we need slugs when shotguns aren't on the list. Is there a 2 or 3 gun tomorrow also? Maybe you meant slugs from electrical knock outs for the vending machines?

I'm sorry, that was my attempt at humor. As usual it failed.

You are only shooting center fire pistol or rimfire.

I will leave now.

posted via Tapatalk

I thought it was at first until Tony answered like it was real so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks for letting me know. Birdshot would really help me if it is ever an option, I'm in.
I do have some rimfire birdshot around here somewhere but I don't think it will chip the paint on the plate if it even makes it that far.

Latest posts