OKCGC Board Member Elections

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
To all forum members and OKCGC Voting Members,

Phillip Brandt (brandt9913) and Will Richter (WillR) are running for the Board of Directors of the Oklahoma City Gun Club. Ballots have been sent to all voting members. We are both asking for your support in this endeavor. We both plan to keep USPSA and 3 gun in all forum members' best interest.

Please help support us with your vote to make USPSA and 3 gun at the OKCGC a top priority. Voting members can vote for up to seven (7) people. You do not have to vote for all seven (7) open board positions when you vote.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
LuckyDucky (Spencer) said:
I'd vote for you if I were a voting member!
This is kind of the problem. The majority of the voting members don't shoot USPSA or 3 gun.

Thank you for your support.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
How can I get to be a voting member?
I want to vote
http://www.okcgunclub.org/genrl_info.html

Voting Member
An Associate Member must apply either in person or by letter to the Board to be approved as a Voting Member. Following are requirements for becoming a Voting Member:
1. Have been an Associate Member for a minimum of (5) years.
2. Write a check for $350 to the “Oklahoma City Gun Club” as a fee for Voting Membership.
3. Must be recommended by a current Voting Member or a Division Chairman.
There will be a maximum of 250 Voting Members. In order to be considered a Voting Member, you must be current in your dues at the time of any elections
After next year, I will have been a member for 5 years. I'm in my 4th year now.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
LuckyDucky (Spencer) said:
After next year, I will have been a member for 5 years. I'm in my 4th year now.
Unfortunately, there were over 350 voting members when this standard was set. The OKCGC doesn't plan to ever exceed 250 voting members, per the advice of their council.

While I completely agree with the advice the okcgc board has been given, it will make it difficult for those less represented divisions to be represented equally.

This is why I'm asking for all voting members votes.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
brandt9913 said:
Unfortunately, there were over 350 voting members when this standard was set. The OKCGC doesn't plan to ever exceed 250 voting members, per the advice of their council.

While I completely agree with the advice the okcgc board has been given, it will make it difficult for those less represented divisions to be represented equally.

This is why I'm asking for all voting members votes.
Wow, how many voting members are there now?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
brandt9913 said:
So did they dump 100 voting members back to non-voting status?

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
So did they dump 100 voting members back to non-voting status?
I think what happened was a few years ago they switched the term senior member to voting member. This was when it was given the 250 cap. At that time there were about 350 people that retained voting status. No new voting members will be created until the current number drops below 250. Unless the board changes that number.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Scott, I have no idea the plans are for how they will accept new voting members once the actual number of voting members falls below 250.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I hope you guys can pull it off, good luck to you guys. I wish I could vote.

When are the results?

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
The results will be announced at the OKCGC Picnic and Meeting May 3rd. Voting ends the day before.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you for all the support. Results were announced today at the okcgc picnic. I was informed after the match that I fell 9 votes short of making the board of directors. I went into this being optimistic and was happy to hear I came so close.

I plan to run again next year and will ask for your support again. Hopefully it works out 9 votes better next time.

Latest posts