OKCGC 3 Gun 23 Mar?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Stages are set, it's gonna be fun.

start warming up your trigger finger now

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Heartland Outdoors just got in 15 cases of Federal .223 for $599 per 1000 rds.

Last Saturday they got in 50 cases of it, but it was all gone in 2.5 hours.

Better price than the $600 For 750 rds Ammoman had last night.

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, that was what I was trying to say Jesse. Empty shot gun start, load two, shoot one, then load to capacity and shoot the remaining targets, type of stage. I'm sort of new to three gun, but I remember shooting one of the shotgun stages like what I described.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
L6J6M said:
Well, that was what I was trying to say Jesse. Empty shot gun start, load two, shoot one, then load to capacity and shoot the remaining targets, type of stage. I'm sort of new to three gun, but I remember shooting one of the shotgun stages like what I described.
You won't see much unloaded gun starting of the shotgun in 3 gun. It's too inefficient especially at the club level. I can load 7 rounds into this bad boy in under 3 seconds. That is the amount of rounds the primary tube holds. After that you have to rotate the XRail and load 6 more and repeat that twice. So it's at a disadvantage compared to a mag fed gun in that respect. Ill post some videos and such in another thread so we don't dirty this match thread up with my guns.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
You haven't shot enough of it then.
Maybe. I do shoot more Federal, but the last time I ran it I was using Win bulk pack and I haven't cleaned my shotty in the past 800 rounds so maybe I've just been lucky so far.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Matt Rigsby said:
Maybe. I do shoot more Federal, but the last time I ran it I was using Win bulk pack and I haven't cleaned my shotty in the past 800 rounds so maybe I've just been lucky so far.
I should say the Winchester runs fine most of the time. I just had a few that wouldn't go bang kinda like the estate and the really rare federal bulk stuff. So for matches I avoid all of these cheap loads. I will use them during practice though.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
This would be another one of those days that I know I shot like **** long before the scores are ever posted. 2 decent stages and 2 awful stages.

you coulda stayed home and known that, and youd have $15 in your pocket.

18 brave shooters came; thanks for showing up ladies and gentlemen. Scores will show up on OKCGC when theyre up.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Thanks for braving the weather for us Mikey. I tried to stick it out but could only last 2 stages. Those two were awesome.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you for putting on another good match Mike, and Will for assisting.

And the hoser rifle stage was a blast. It's been a while since we did a stage with a lot of rifle.

Tomdoughman

Active Fanatic
My first three gun my hands were frozen and my senses were overloaded. Thanks for a great match. I learned a ton.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a great time, I would found that I would rather be outside on a crappy day playing with things that go bang than being inside thinking about what a crappy day it is outside. I also found out that I do not want to shoot iron sights again.

Once again, good match and good people.

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
Had an awesome day shooting. Looking forward to the next one. Like every one, I work at getting better and improving my gear. If I am going to get better I hope it happens soon. Ha I'm not getting any younger.

Latest posts