OK. I admit it....

Exfuzz53

New Fanatic
If the goal is not to have a pistol wind up in a property room for an extended time and you prefer the 1911, why not get as a house defense pistol something like a RIA 1911? My experience with RIA, while limited, has been positive. It went bang every time the trigger was pulled, ejected that spent round and feed another one. Same manual of arms, but not a necessarily a keeper like some other 1911's. Just a thought…and sometimes I think wrong!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
If the goal is not to have a pistol wind up in a property room for an extended time and you prefer the 1911, why not get as a house defense pistol something like a RIA 1911? My experience with RIA, while limited, has been positive. It went bang every time the trigger was pulled, ejected that spent round and feed another one. Same manual of arms, but not a necessarily a keeper like some other 1911's. Just a thought…and sometimes I think wrong!
Actually a very good idea. I trust the stopping power of God's caliber much more than any 9mm. I hear people saying the advantage is capacity, but if I think I need more than 9 rounds, I'm grabbing the AR!

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Once again ^^^^^this.

If I needed firepower for a bump in the night moment, its been a very long time, I would grab bedside g19 with light attached to rail----- to get me to the 12gauge with extended mag tube and light attached, only 15' from bedside but still I wouldn't go unarmed

Attachments

• 20201019_113325.jpg
    20201019_113325.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Once again ^^^^^this.

If I needed firepower for a bump in the night moment, its been a very long time, I would grab bedside g19 with light attached to rail----- to get me to the 12gauge with extended mag tube and light attached, only 15' from bedside but still I wouldn't go unarmed
That should do it. Nice shotgun.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
just a cheap remington magnum express, cut down w/ extended choate tube. It turned out pretty well, thanks. Not too scary with the wood furniture

Latest posts