Official Heartland Outdoors Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer Fry

Well-Known Fanatic
poopgiggle said:
There sure are some hurt feelings ITT.

Please enjoy this picture of a guy jumping a mountain bike over the Tour de France

ibtYvqQiRPBPL8.gif

Also have some adorable

ku-medium.gif
I have been watching this kid for four hours straight. We he EVER figure how to make the water spray continuously?

you realize that its a 5 second loop, and not a live feed? He wont eventually figure it out.

Zekernst

H & H
I can tell ya it's a lot of hard work putting together a match, not to mention one or two a month. I'd be interested to see who steps up to the plate and sacrifices all that time and work to run that match? I noticed when the question was posited, no answer was given. Not that I don't appreciate the honey badger!

landshark069

Active Fanatic
Guys, I sent Mr. Bryant an e-mail thanking him for allowing the matches to continue and he replied with this:

Rick

We are soliciting help to find the perfect match director as I do not believe we have the more spectacular than ever person available at the store. We have personnel that will gladly stay on Sunday night and anxious to participate but need the right person to lead us. If you know that someone please send him my way.

It is my understanding that you guys were paying the last director 20.00 each and he was making about 600.00 then giving half that to the store and we were in turn giving it out in gift certificates. That may or may not be fact. I have no real way of ever tracking it. But you can put the word out of our needs and the store does not have to make a penny during the match. I am very open minded, very creative and we can figure this out. I can pick up the tab for whatever supplies we need. I also have license for and own an M1 and M14 fully automatic that could be used if needed and honored for their value to me. All I ask is that EVERY shooter knows the detail of any arrangement so there is no more opportunity for anyone to doubt my dedication to the sport and this community. Please help if you can or guide us accordingly.

Barry

Any ideas or suggestions ?

smcgee10

Fanatic
I feel the need to post a conversation between myself and Mr. Barry Bryant. To give you some back story, I revieved a phone call from a friend. He was concerned He knew I used to work there. I check BS then I find the match was not to happen. WTF! Then I find all matches have been cancelled. I wrote a strongly worded email to Barry. To which he replied, "I'm your huckleberry." I used to work for the fellow and he says he does not even know who I am. But yet he wants me to meet him at the OK Corral. When the paycheck discrepancies were brought to his attention, his reply was, "I will look into that." My problem was with Matt Crawford that left shortly after HO opened.

Mr. Bryant says he knew nothing of this match. Yet back in May there was a post where DE was in talks with Steve Wingo and HO managment. So Mr. Bryants store manager allowed this herculean liability without the owner's approval or knowledge. I think not.

Secondly, Kytac is a sponsor of BS. Some of you may not like DE, but he supports the shooting community. Secondly, he has put blood, sweat and tears into the match. What has Mr. Bryant done. If you listen to him, nothing because he knew none of this was goin on, except a 0.32% increase in his utility bills. And also implying we shooters at the match were stealing him blind.

Back in May HO attempted to squeeze more money out of the shooters in the way of increased fees. I have to ask myself, "Is this the act of a desparate business trying to recover some of the deep losses the business has encountered?"

For the record...Do I think DE was right...NO! Is BB right..NO! But I do know there is a better way to skin a cat than sticking his head in a bootjack and pulling on his tail. This matter could have been handled soooooooo much better.

Below is a cut and paste of the emails between BB and I:

Feel better!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2013, at 4:51 AM, Shawn <[email protected]> wrote:

[SIZE=small]That is your choice sir. To do as you please. I was just hoping to point out that so far, everyone I know that has had a co-beneficial relationship with you has been screwed. David from Kytac, Steve from Coldhand, and me. The shooting community is very small. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]It also seems that Heartland will not be around anyway after July 2014. If the store was failing, why let it fail for 4 years and then only try to save it with less than a year left. Also if 80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers, your statement about $50,000 per year sounds short. That means you only have 100 customers and bring in about $312,500 per year. You would think that barely brings in enough to cover overhead. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Your statements to David imply you know nothing about your businesses. As for not knowing me, I used to work for you. This statement only proves you do not know what happens in your businesses. As far as you being my huckleberry, I do not wish to fight you. I do not wish to meet you behind the gym after school. I attempting to point out that when you have the same problems again and again as it seems in this case. The problem may not lie with everyone else but with you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]From:[/SIZE][SIZE=small] Barry Bryant [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent:
Saturday, July 20, 2013 11:57 PM
To:[/SIZE] [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: Congratulations

[SIZE=small]Hi Shawn[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Thank you for letting me know your feelings. I can't speak to the bonus situation as I own 5 companies and do not participate on a daily or weekly basis. I am sorry if our former manager made those commitments. Please take note to former. I gave every chance that I could for success under his management and after 4 years I made the decision to change that and Steve Wingo is the new manager. The match was cancelled due to differences with Mr Elderton that will not be resolved. The matches will continue in short order without Mr. Elderton. I do care and I would suggest that you ask Mr Elderton to send you all the emails between he and I so that you can have the other side of the story. In the meanwhile since you have attacked my character and I do not even know you I ask you to plese seek the facts and then perhaps make a reasonable judgement. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]However if you wish to pursue it further lets don't resort to emails. I am your huckleberry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]-----Original Message-----
To: barrygbryant <[email protected]>
Cc: kytac <[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, Jul 20, 2013 10:30 pm
Subject: Congratulations
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]My name is Shawn McGee. You may remember me because I was one of the EV technicians that worked there when Heartland opened. Not only did I service the electric vehicles, I also sold them. The reason I chose to pursue other ventures because of the double standards employed by your management team. First off, we as employees, were told we would receive a $100 commission on every EV that had a deposit put down. Then we were told that we would not receive the commission until the vehicle was delivered. Then the vehicles would not be built until after the first of the year and the tax commission was disallowing the tax incentivesвÐ'¦ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]I worked up until December after the store opened. I was told blatant lies by your management team at Heartland Outdoors. And yet I did not speak up. I still feel Heartland owes me commissions on the vehicles I sold on your behalf. And yet I did not speak up. I can count numerous instances where I was lied to. And I did not speak up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Now 7-20-13 I find that Steve Wingo has cancelled the Tactical Action Pistol Match at Heartland. Enough is enough. I cannot be silent any longer. This silliness has to stop. I will not longer darken the door of Heartland Outdoors. I will encourage others to do the same. You may contact me if you care. I sincerely think you lack the testicular fortitude to do so.[/SIZE]

Jer Fry

Well-Known Fanatic
Do we have to pick a side? Really, I just want to shoot. I'm upset that matches are gone. I'm enthused that they seem to be coming back. If David E. starts a match elsewhere, I'm happy to shoot it. I've always enjoyed his matches. If or when HO has matches again without him, I'd shoot those too. It's a nice place. The conflict between DE and HO is unfortunate, but I'm not informed enough, nor is it my place to pick the good guy and the bad guy. I am starting to feel like those of us who shot those matches are the children in a divorce. Really, we just want our matches back.

I need to show Micah up in subcompact. Jesse and Burk need to determine who uses their snubby little gear better.

I am glad to hear there will be matches again.
This is the only one my family attends as HO has been our only range in our young shooting career.

I would volunteer to take the lead and try to put on a decent match but I expect you have to be an RO to do so.

Thanks
Keith

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I agree to what Matt said.

Here is what everyone needs to know:

1) Heartland is currently no longer having matches
2) If they have matches going forward it will be under a new MD
3) If you have suggestions contact Heartland

Thread Closed

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
On a side note - guys we all love this place because you don't have to put up with the bullshit as other places. If you have something good to add to threads great please do so. Let's just not turn this into a what I had for breakfast and is bigfoot real type of website.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
B.S. DuBois said:
On a side note - guys we all love this place because you don't have to put up with the bullshit as other places. If you have something good to add to threads great please do so. Let's just not turn this into a what I had for breakfast and is bigfoot real type of website.
I agree, he IS real

Status
Not open for further replies.