Officer 1911 in 9mm

grainfed

Fanatic
The stock rear site is .265 high and the bottom of the dovetail front to back is .445. I would check with Heinie and see if their site has that similar front to back dimension, or is close. Their rear site is .305 high and coupled with Dawson's site, there might be a slight POI issue, but at close distance, not much. Post some pic's when you get her done.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
Ive owned (and still have in the Family's tender care ) a SA EMP4 LWC. It has been flawless with the exception of preferring a 6 o'clock hold. My OCD'ness likes that it holds 10 rnds in the mag. The grip is slim enough for most with smaller mits, yet a change of grips makes it work for bigger paws.
Turns out that my son has decided to try something else (apparently a trait that he got from me).
He has envoked the " dad gets 1st dibs" clause and is returning it to me.
I shot it yesterday. What a sweet shooter!

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
Turns out that my son has decided to try something else (apparently a trait that he got from me).
He has envoked the " dad gets 1st dibs" clause and is returning it to me.
I shot it yesterday. What a sweet shooter!
Agree. As I said, my EMP's are sweet, too. My 4 in carry contour in 9mm is my most frequent "go to" for carry. I carry 147gr HST's. It's accurate, reliable, soft recoiling, easily controlled. Only thing I've done to it, is apply some 150 grit sandpaper to calm the golf ball grips down. The original was fine on my hands but a lil unwelcome on my tender love handles. (#'s 7 & 8 on my "8 pack"! #'s 1 thru 6 are operating under cover & in disguise.)

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Agree. As I said, my EMP's are sweet, too. My 4 in carry contour in 9mm is my most frequent "go to" for carry. I carry 147gr HST's. It's accurate, reliable, soft recoiling, easily controlled. Only thing I've done to it, is apply some 150 grit sandpaper to calm the golf ball grips down. The original was fine on my hands but a lil unwelcome on my tender love handles. (#'s 7 & 8 on my "8 pack"! #'s 1 thru 6 are operating under cover & in disguise.)
Well said. I too know the feeling. Getting older is for the birds.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
My only officer size 1911 is a Wilson CQB in 45 that is awesome but my daily anymore is a Sig P365xl and the wife carries a standard P365