Obsessions

SwampGas

Active Fanatic
Just finished recharging the humidifiers in 19 humidors. I need to start smoking these bad boys at a faster pace. When I hit the lottery I'll have a walk in humidor to ease the burden. Then, of course, are the pistols and rifles to keep in order..etc,etc. Retired is hard work

SwampGas

Active Fanatic
19....?! I assume for work? I just recharged one yesterday...my lil ol 50 cigar humidor.

no, my personal stash. i have 3 of the big Montecristo 170 count boxes, and a Daniel Marshall Treasure Chest. the rest are 50 to 100 count boxes, some Reed and Barton, Prometheous, Dunhill,,likely have a couple of thousand to smoke. I went on a buying binge 5 or 6 years ago, they're well aged now

Pennywise827

Fanatic
no, my personal stash. i have 3 of the big Montecristo 170 count boxes, and a Daniel Marshall Treasure Chest. the rest are 50 to 100 count boxes, some Reed and Barton, Prometheous, Dunhill,,likely have a couple of thousand to smoke. I went on a buying binge 5 or 6 years ago, they're well aged now
Well if you need help, I am just starting to get into collecting cigars. I was looking at a few of the cigarinternational.com sets to get a nice variety going....but I know no one who has dealt with them before so I'm leery.

SwampGas

Active Fanatic
i bought some from them, there is an auction site that i got some really good deals on, they'll put 10 boxes up and the high bid can get as many as he/she wants at that price. i bought 5 boxes of My Father Petitie Bijou for 70 a box, that's less than half price brick and mortar store. i like the La Flor Dominicana, Auroa, Joya De Nicaragua, and some of the Ghurka celler blends. these are all on the strong side but have great flavor. Monte Cristo Afriques are tasty as well. hard to go wrong with any of the My Father blends

Pennywise827

Fanatic
i bought some from them, there is an auction site that i got some really good deals on, they'll put 10 boxes up and the high bid can get as many as he/she wants at that price. i bought 5 boxes of My Father Petitie Bijou for 70 a box, that's less than half price brick and mortar store. i like the La Flor Dominicana, Auroa, Joya De Nicaragua, and some of the Ghurka celler blends. these are all on the strong side but have great flavor. Monte Cristo Afriques are tasty as well. hard to go wrong with any of the My Father blends
Yeah I bought a 'sampler' pack from them that had 10 cigars and a 40 cigar humidor for 19.99....figured it was worth the money for a few of the cigars. Here's the list it comes with:
CAO Black – Gurkha Warpig – Carlos Torano Dominico – HC Series Maduro – Mark Twain – 5 Vegas Series 'A' – Amati – Ramon Bueso Genesis – Bahia Blu – La Perla Habana

SwampGas

Active Fanatic
And your mileage may vary but don't buy into that 72% humidity, I found that to be too wet, I keep mine twixt 65-68%. Use the Bead humidiers, they release the water slowly and will not mildew or mold like the sponges will, I also only use distilled water.

Pennywise827

Fanatic
And your mileage may vary but don't buy into that 72% humidity, I found that to be too wet, I keep mine twixt 65-68%. Use the Bead humidiers, they release the water slowly and will not mildew or mold like the sponges will, I also only use distilled water.
Yeah I bought the bead style that you can recharge, and its been sitting at 68, but I haven't seasoned it. I bought it this last weekend, and the place I got it had it open with the windows of their store open all the time...so here in KC, that means the humidity in the box was already nearly 75%....

I figured I would wipe it down with distilled water and put a damp sponge on some plastic wrap in it for a day then check it again.

SwampGas

Active Fanatic
If it's already sitting at 68% with the beads in it I would call that good to go. I used to live in KC over in Johnson county. I liked living there

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd like to know more about cigars. Hell I don't even really know what I like. I've had some good ones. I try to keep track of what I like but its usually just from bevmo so it's pretty hit and miss. I only smoke em once a month or so. Then its usually a couple overthe course of a weekend and one is usually alright to good and the others generally kind of suck. When you get a good one though, with a good cocktail, that's hard to beat!

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Agree with you on this Fwoo45 and I like to enjoy a cigar once in a while but I know absolutely nothing about them. A friend gave me one the other day at work but I do not know what to do with it as I'm not ready to smoke it. Only good thing is it's been freaking 70% humidity since I got it. What's the best way to keep a single cigar fresh for a couple weeks until I'm ready to smoke it??

SwampGas

Active Fanatic
Agree with you on this Fwoo45 and I like to enjoy a cigar once in a while but I know absolutely nothing about them. A friend gave me one the other day at work but I do not know what to do with it as I'm not ready to smoke it. Only good thing is it's been freaking 70% humidity since I got it. What's the best way to keep a single cigar fresh for a couple weeks until I'm ready to smoke it??

ziploc baggie would be my choice

SwampGas

Active Fanatic
I'd like to know more about cigars. Hell I don't even really know what I like. I've had some good ones. I try to keep track of what I like but its usually just from bevmo so it's pretty hit and miss. I only smoke em once a month or so. Then its usually a couple overthe course of a weekend and one is usually alright to good and the others generally kind of suck. When you get a good one though, with a good cocktail, that's hard to beat!

decide what you enjoy about the ones you like. is it strength, flavor, then if you have a brick and mortar go and describe what you enjoy smoking and they will normally steer you to those types of sticks. i like a stout smoke with flavor, the La Flor Dominicana are wonderful smokes but can make you dizzy as they are made from the strongest leaf, the Don Peppin Garcia line are all very good - the My Father La Petite Bijou crafted by his son are flavorful and stout and a delight to smoke, if mild is your like then any of the old classics are the choice, Romeo Y Julietta, Upmann, Fuente