Observations from the gun show in Richmond, VA today (1/4/20)

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
My observations from this morning:

The gun show was completely packed! The line was intense and continuing to build up as the morning progressed. Everyone in line was making small talk about the Rally on the 20th at the State Capitol here in Richmond, how we all have to do whatever we can to fight back against the liberals and support the 2nd Amendment. It was fantastic! :cool:

It wasn't as bad as back when Obama first got elected, and that gun show in Nov of 2008 was WICKED -- they actually had to close the doors because they'd exceed the building capacity! 3 guys would eventually leave, so they'd let 3 more people in! Everyone was totally freaked out back then and panicked. My bro-in-law and I saw it all from the parking lot (we couldn't even get in!) and decided to say "screw it" and we went back home...

Anyway, for those who have been to RIR (Richmond International Raceway) here in town, you know the layout. The two main buildings on the left when you first drive in are where they hold gun shows, etc.. and the whole raceway, grandstands, etc... are way in the back of the whole area. Well, I got there around 9:45 or so, and already the parking lot was full! I (and everyone else) was directed to the big dirt lot off to the right, where the fairgrounds used to be. Then... I saw the line... Seriously, it went out the building, across the section of the parking lot, up the lane and continued for a little bit. Not bad, but still, incredibly busy. So many people buying what they can while they can. People were also walking amongst the crowd with clipboards, asking for signatures to petition to get Gov Northam recalled. They handed out VCDL info (Virginia Citizens Defense League), people (Reps) were also there from the NRA asking for people to join up and support the 2A.

Long story short, I walked all over the place (as much as I could, elbowing my way through the crowd), and one vendor had AR-15's going for $399 (they jokingly called them "Northam Sales") and they were selling like hotcakes! Lots and lots of people at the NRA booth and the VCDL booth. I chatted with one of the guys at the VCDL booth, pulled out $25 bucks from my wallet, filled out the membership app, and I'm now a member!

In closing, all it takes is for a nutcase Governor, to spout off against the 2A and being bought and paid for by George Soros, Mike Bloomberg, etc... that causes everyone to hit up the gun show, buy what they can - while they can, and support the 2nd Amendment!

Wow... :D

Edit: The gun show continues tomorrow at RIR from 10:00am to 5:00pm.... Come on out and see if they still have those $399 AR-15's! LOL... But I doubt it...
I found Georgia Arms (as usual - they are ALWAYS there) and bought more 230gr "ball" ammo for my RIA 1911.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
We hit one east of Dallas today (Mesquite) and it was also packed full and had to park in the dirt, I did see s few very good buys $20/1000 primers, very good deals on powder also & a Dillion 550 Sq Deal in 9mm for $250 a very clean one, guns were running high compared to our 2 main outlets we use.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Gun shows here , eastern Mo. , not to crowded because they're happening so often . Very few deals , prices seem to run quite a bit higher than stores . I don't get it , everybody has a phone capable of checking prices on Bud's , Gunbroker , or even Cabella's. Lately , when I go , I seem to just shake my head and laugh to myself at the prices . I still go occasionally hoping to see something good or run in to friends . It's winter and not much else to do .

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I haven't been to a show since Obama left office. As much as I used to enjoy going to the shows, it became a hassle due to the crowding and increased pricing.

Glad to know the VA can still get a packed house. The Gov. is doing wonders for the local economy.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic

The gun show was completely packed! The line was intense and continuing to build up as the morning progressed. Everyone in line was making small talk about the Rally on the 20th at the State Capitol here in Richmond, how we all have to do whatever we can to fight back against the liberals and support the 2nd Amendment. It was fantastic! :cool:

It wasn't as bad as back when Obama first got elected, and that gun show in Nov of 2008 was WICKED -- they actually had to close the doors because they'd exceed the building capacity! 3 guys would eventually leave, so they'd let 3 more people in! Everyone was totally freaked out back then and panicked. My bro-in-law and I saw it all from the parking lot (we couldn't even get in!) and decided to say "screw it" and we went back home...

Anyway, for those who have been to RIR (Richmond International Raceway) here in town, you know the layout. The two main buildings on the left when you first drive in are where they hold gun shows, etc.. and the whole raceway, grandstands, etc... are way in the back of the whole area. Well, I got there around 9:45 or so, and already the parking lot was full! I (and everyone else) was directed to the big dirt lot off to the right, where the fairgrounds used to be. Then... I saw the line... Seriously, it went out the building, across the section of the parking lot, up the lane and continued for a little bit. Not bad, but still, incredibly busy. So many people buying what they can while they can. People were also walking amongst the crowd with clipboards, asking for signatures to petition to get Gov Northam recalled. They handed out VCDL info (Virginia Citizens Defense League), people (Reps) were also there from the NRA asking for people to join up and support the 2A.

Long story short, I walked all over the place (as much as I could, elbowing my way through the crowd), and one vendor had AR-15's going for $399 (they jokingly called them "Northam Sales") and they were selling like hotcakes! Lots and lots of people at the NRA booth and the VCDL booth. I chatted with one of the guys at the VCDL booth, pulled out $25 bucks from my wallet, filled out the membership app, and I'm now a member!

In closing, all it takes is for a nutcase Governor, to spout off against the 2A and being bought and paid for by George Soros, Mike Bloomberg, etc... that causes everyone to hit up the gun show, buy what they can - while they can, and support the 2nd Amendment!

Edit: The gun show continues tomorrow at RIR from 10:00am to 5:00pm.... Come on out and see if they still have those $399 AR-15's! LOL... But I doubt it...
I found Georgia Arms (as usual - they are ALWAYS there) and bought more 230gr "ball" ammo for my RIA 1911.
Butch Thank-You for the update. Were all watching & supporting our Constitution.

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic

I would suggest to everyone you send a small contribution to the VCDL. It may be the best money you have ever spent.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Not sure about gunshows, but at my PD in CT we have run out of pistol permit applications about 4 times in the past 3 weeks!...and each time we restocked with about 50 of them!

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic

At Gunshows I see Patriots...The GOP see's voters....The DFL see's Enemies

OfferArms

Fanatic
I grew up in Chesapeake Va and moved to Mesa AZ in 1996 when I was 28. I can't believe my home state is going through this garbage. I remember my father yelling at me because I didn't make it to the poles in time to vote against Gov. Wilder in the 80s. That's when the one gun a month was passed but fortunately didn't last. Is there any plans to recall these idiots in place or at least good pro gun candidates to run against them next time around? I can't understand why these people aren't being drug out by the short hairs and thrown in the streets?

Legion489

Fanatic
Unfortunately there are so many gun show here is eastern/central Iowa that they are not worth going too. Two shows at the same place this month, about a dozen at the same place this year, seventeen shows (that is one show every three weeks) this year at the capital! The "no yard sale/flea market items" rule will go out the window unless the promoter wants 10 tables at each show. Having worked the "local" (within about 60-90 miles) shows, all I would hear was "well there is another show in (a week, month, two months, four months, etc.) so I'll just buy it next time!" Then when they came back at the next show it was "wellllllll....that seems like a lot of money, will you take less than you paid for it?" So I told my pardner that we would A) go to two local shows in each city a year, and B) take different stuff each time. After that I heard "But you had it last time.... whine, whine, whine". "Yeah we did, but you didn't buy it last time did you?! If you want it this time, you better buy it this time!" Really don't care if I offended some of the whiners, I'm wasting my time and money to try to make money, not make them happy.

I am seriously thinking about going through my 1922-1976 Am Riflemans and all the other gun mags and compiling a book of all the anti-gun bills listed in them. There is literally nothing new under the sun! That gun bill introduced last week? How about 1925-1932-1944-1956-1961-1964-1968-1972?! Seriously, the SAME bill! "OK, WE will give an inch and take a mile, why don't YOU give us a mile and keep an inch, that way we both can claim we got something and both can claim we didn't get what we want!" And the NRA would give in to "save face" or "not look like extremists". Remember the "Cincinnati Revolt" and how the NRA finally got it's head out it's rear? Then we all got sold out down the river again?

OK, been a NRA life member since the late 1970s, but got to say I do NOT send them money any more. I give to several other national pro-gun groups and state pro-gun groups, but not to the NRA. Why not? Well Wayne is getting SIX MILLION bucks a year! Is he worth it? Don't know, but that seems like a lot of money to be taking out of the pro-gun movement to me. Others are in the $750,000-$900,000 range as well. They may be worth it, but then again they may not!

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Unfortunately there are so many gun show here is eastern/central Iowa that they are not worth going too. Two shows at the same place this month, about a dozen at the same place this year, seventeen shows (that is one show every three weeks) this year at the capital! The "no yard sale/flea market items" rule will go out the window unless the promoter wants 10 tables at each show. Having worked the "local" (within about 60-90 miles) shows, all I would hear was "well there is another show in (a week, month, two months, four months, etc.) so I'll just buy it next time!" Then when they came back at the next show it was "wellllllll....that seems like a lot of money, will you take less than you paid for it?" So I told my pardner that we would A) go to two local shows in each city a year, and B) take different stuff each time. After that I heard "But you had it last time.... whine, whine, whine". "Yeah we did, but you didn't buy it last time did you?! If you want it this time, you better buy it this time!" Really don't care if I offended some of the whiners, I'm wasting my time and money to try to make money, not make them happy.

I am seriously thinking about going through my 1922-1976 Am Riflemans and all the other gun mags and compiling a book of all the anti-gun bills listed in them. There is literally nothing new under the sun! That gun bill introduced last week? How about 1925-1932-1944-1956-1961-1964-1968-1972?! Seriously, the SAME bill! "OK, WE will give an inch and take a mile, why don't YOU give us a mile and keep an inch, that way we both can claim we got something and both can claim we didn't get what we want!" And the NRA would give in to "save face" or "not look like extremists". Remember the "Cincinnati Revolt" and how the NRA finally got it's head out it's rear? Then we all got sold out down the river again?

OK, been a NRA life member since the late 1970s, but got to say I do NOT send them money any more. I give to several other national pro-gun groups and state pro-gun groups, but not to the NRA. Why not? Well Wayne is getting SIX MILLION bucks a year! Is he worth it? Don't know, but that seems like a lot of money to be taking out of the pro-gun movement to me. Others are in the $750,000-$900,000 range as well. They may be worth it, but then again they may not!

Agreed!!

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
I would suggest to everyone you send a small contribution to the VCDL. It may be the best money you have ever spent.
Thanks for that report re.: gun show. Although I am in Central Texas I fully support the people of Virginia and the VCDL. As a life member of the NRA I urge them to take action as soon as some of this proposed legislation takes place. There is no doubt in my mind the NRA-ILA will indeed fight these unConstitutional proposals. To the nay-sayers that are dissing the NRA for their apparent lack of real action, keep in mind there is no sense in screaming loudly (from a defensive legal position) until the legislature passes these proposed tyrannical laws.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
More likely it will be VCDL, GOA and Second Amendment Foundation that will do the litigation heavy lifting and the NRA will come in late, after the fact and try to claim the credit.
....and Wayne will show up in front of TV cameras wearing his new $75,000 custom made Armani suit. :mad:

I joined the VCDL and GOA and always keep current on what they are working on.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic

Geeze..l wonder why the show was so packed? Biden takes over where obizo left off??..Biden greatest gun salesman of the Century.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
The gun show was LAST YEAR back in Jan of 2020... I believe it was so packed full of people because of our idiot governor "blackface" Northam.

Latest posts