Now it's Bill O'Reilly

jspeligene

Well-Known Fanatic
According to Bill O'Reilly, you can legally buy machine guns and bazookas without the government knowing about it. It was also interesting to hear him repeatedly tell the audience that the Colorado shooter had bought 60,000 (that's right, 60K) rounds of ammunition over the internet.
His solution is to make it a law to report the sale of 'all heavy weapons such as AK47's and machine guns to the FBI so that they would keep an eye on all who own them.
He was rebutted by a Congressman from Utah who attempted to present the facts, but he stuck to his guns (no pun intended).
Very disappointed to see a broadcast with so much mis-information.

dennishoddy

Ya know, there needs to be a gubberment agency that actually knows something that would tell these idiots that they need to get off of drugs, and do a little research about the facts in the case.
Of course, that would be insane, and also a violation of the 1st ammendment that these tards love to defend, yet abuse.

dammechanic

Well-Known Fanatic
According to Bill O'Reilly, you can legally buy machine guns and bazookas without the government knowing about it. It was also interesting to hear him repeatedly tell the audience that the Colorado shooter had bought 60,000 (that's right, 60K) rounds of ammunition over the internet.
His solution is to make it a law to report the sale of 'all heavy weapons such as AK47's and machine guns to the FBI so that they would keep an eye on all who own them.
He was rebutted by a Congressman from Utah who attempted to present the facts, but he stuck to his guns (no pun intended).

you forgot the howitzer.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Gotta admit I was surprised. No once, but two nights in a row. Can't believe that the guy with the #1 show in that slot for years did not one iota of due diligence. I sent him an email and told him I coulld get that crap from any of his competitors.

Oleg Tolmachev

Well-Known Fanatic
I am very disappointed in O'Reilly. I watched that debate. Not only does he not know anything about the realities of lawful gun ownership, he has no ability to listen to logical arguments. The second amendment is not about whether you need an AK-47 for home defense. It's about the right to bear arms. No, I don't need an AK for home defense (I have other weapons). No I don't need my 'Vette because Ford Focus does just fine within the speed limit. It's about my freedom of choice.

P.E. Kelley

Well-Known Fanatic
I am a "Factor" premium member and used it to send a message to Bill asking that he gets his facts in order.
It is claimed that every message is read. Listened to??? Perhaps well will see.

glg20

New Fanatic
I also did a email questioning his fund of knowledge regarding the ownership of firearms. Talking about "shooting from the hip"!

JTMaddox

Well-Known Fanatic
very disappointing how easily the general public can be manipulated into believing that they are in danger due to the lack of laws and regulations to protect them from social deviants wielding machine guns and rocket launchers. Even more disappointing to have that type of misinformed paranoia perpetuated by people who should know better than to blatantly misrepresent the facts in order to claim a larger share of the ratings.

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
This is not a Democrat vs Republican thing its just a matter of brains and lack of brains as Bill O'Reilly has proven this by what he said about firearms. I dont perform sugery or tell groups of doctors how to practice medicine because Its not my area of expertise. I really dont understand how these idiots from news agencies think that its okay to tell people about things they obviously know nothing about. Its not just Fox news though CNN MSNBC as well as many others are guilty of this too. The people that say there is no need for assault weapons all have one thing in common. They live in great area's with low crime rates and many have private security. The president doesn't see a need for assault weapons because he feels safe. Sadly not all of us have secret service protection, bunkers and private armored cars and jets. for the rest of us that arent so privledged that have the possiblity of a group of thugs breaking into our homes that doesn't have its own private security could probably use it. Not to mention the ar15 as well as other assault weapons are just giving us a tactical advantage. A handgun can be used for defense but an assault rifle gives me an advantage in defending my family. This is no different with education you dont get a tutor for your kid because there is no other way for them to learn without a tutuor and studying for long periods of time you get a tutor for them and encourage them to study so they have every advantage possible to succeed. The AR15 or any other assault weapon just gives me more of an advantage to survive a gun fight vs a handgun. The sameprinciple is for law enforcement as well. The comment Bill O'RElly made about saying that an ar15 would do you no good against an out of control government ours or an invading nation is garbage also. The afghanies have been making due with home made explosives and assault weapons for quite a while now. When it comes to our government the thing that Bill didn't seem to get is that our military is made up of our people. Most of these people are very patriotic and are not willing to take orders to harm americans even if they resisted federal laws. I have two cousins in the Air Force. One is a Captain and an F35 pilot his Brother is a colonel and a B2 pilot They have both assured me they will not accept orders from anyone to bring harm to American Citizens as they would be unlawful nor will they give orders to do this either. What bill doesnt realize is that when you have military personel that are not willing to accept unlawful orders and also possibly turn against those that would bring Americans harm then its those citizens with Ar15's that join them are a lot more useful than previously thought. The revolutionary war was fought by a militia group that were joined by the French military. when the two combined it worked very well.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I too think Bill lives in an "ivory tower". But to give him his due, he has backed up just ever so slightly. I can tell he thinks he doesn't want "assault weapons" out there but now he seems to be at least somewhat conflicted or has started to realize he is in fact just ignorant about guns. He said something tonight along the lines that "if someone breaks into my house, I'm going to kill them. I don't need an AW to do that. Or do I? Maybe I do and I'm just stupid". That's paraphrased but pretty close. He also implied that he'd rather have 30 rounds available than a lesser number, so at least he's thinking about things. But yea he's still suffering from the "ivory tower syndrome". He just hasn't put it together how many guns there are out here and how bad our military is outnumbered by them. If a full on country wide civil war were to break out, it would be far far different than those of all the other countries we see all the time. After all the refusal of orders and desertions it wouldn't go well for them.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Ya know, there needs to be a gubberment agency that actually knows something that would tell these idiots that they need to get off of drugs, and do a little research about the facts in the case.
Of course, that would be insane, and also a violation of the 1st ammendment that these tards love to defend, yet abuse.

I'd actually pay taxes for that ... heh

JSooner

Well-Known Fanatic
Last night he kept saying: why do people need bazookas? WTF? Really, bazookas? That bothered me almost as much as the oft misused terms, assault rifle and machine guns.

And I don't really know how you can use the phrase "Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about?" on your talk show several times and maintain a viewing audience. That really just kills all credibility IMO. So much fail.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The most frustrating part of all of this is how all of these people on TV don't really know the laws or have any familiarity with firearms. I'd bet money that they never have exprienced the joy of pulling a trigger on any firearm. So sad!

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't like Bill O'Reilly, it looks like he speaks down to just about everyone he interiews, but I really can't believe his ignorance of the importance of the 2nd Ammendmant and what it's for.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody

The funny thing to me about this whole ordeal is how lots of conservative people are getting spun around during the gun debate.

Two weeks ago, plenty of gun owners would have called me a Communist for suggesting that we need to improve mental health care in this country and make it more available to more people. Now they're all, "guns aren't the problem! crazy people are the problem! don't take my guns, improve our mental health infrastructure!"

Now even Bill O'Reilly is getting lumped in with "the antis" as this unfolds. When his fans aren't seeing him through the lens of confirmation bias, they see what a lot of us saw before: an uninformed blowhard who refuses to listen to reason.

He just hasn't put it together how many guns there are out here and how bad our military is outnumbered by them. If a full on country wide civil war were to break out, it would be far far different than those of all the other countries we see all the time. After all the refusal of orders and desertions it wouldn't go well for them.

This is why the "YOUR AR IS WORTHLESS AGAINST A TOW MISSLE" argument drives me bonkers.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
PG, I wouldn't call you a Communist, you are a Marxist.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".

Latest posts