Not your normal self defense situation....

Airic

I shoot.
Took my little girls to the circus last weekend. Sitting in the front row for the first act: 2 tigers and a lion. One of the tigers was severly pissed that it had to perform. It occurred to me that if this pissed tiger found its way out of the 15ft fence around the ring, the girls and I were about the closest thing to it.

Kinda crazy what you think about sometimes when you keep your situational awareness up while carrying...

Might make a good IDPA stage next month... :lol:

Raford

Well-Known Fanatic
What would really suck would be sitting there with only a little pocket .380 and thinking about that 500 pound cat getting out of the cage! :(

Ever wish you would have brought a bigger gun?

Airic

I shoot.
You see! all those things were running through my mind. I carry a G34 with this ammo, im pretty sure I could have stopped the cat....but for the last couple of months I had been considering switching to a pocket .380. Now I'm thinking I better go back to a G27 for compact carry

Raford

Well-Known Fanatic
LOL! I couldn't help it. After Jesse's comments about stopping a large cat like that, my mind just naturally went to that worst case scenerio.

My normal carry is a Kimber Ultra Carry II in .40 S&W, loaded with 180 grain Speer Gold Dots, but I really don't know what kind of stopping power that would have on a big cat. (The .380 is just a back up gun). Especially considering that in India they carried .58 and larger caliber hand cannons shooting 500 plus grain bullets to stop the big cats.

It would be an interesting theme for a stage though....... Maybe a par time before you get eaten. :eek: You may see this in a SCRAP USPSA match soon. :D

Airic

I shoot.
LOL! I couldn't help it. After Jesse's comments about stopping a large cat like that, my mind just naturally went to that worst case scenerio.

My normal carry is a Kimber Ultra Carry II in .40 S&W, loaded with 180 grain Speer Gold Dots, but I really don't know what kind of stopping power that would have on a big cat. (The .380 is just a back up gun). Especially considering that in India they carried .58 and larger caliber hand cannons shooting 500 plus grain bullets to stop the big cats.

It would be an interesting theme for a stage though....... Maybe a par time before you get eaten. :eek: You may see this in a SCRAP USPSA match soon. :D

Alright, well you guys use it in a USPSA match and I'll pitch it to Rod Snell for our (ITPSC) IDPA match. Hell, I use it in my USPSA match also and lets compare the stage we come up with

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I think the guys at SCRAP are just crazy enough to get a real cat out there. Maybe we could call Top Shot and get a Limcat Razor Cat to use A's a prop gun?

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwD0ZkJYfC0&feature=related

Here is the scenario. How do you think you would handle it?

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
I can see it now "Stepping on the activator will release the HUGE jungle cat" :lol:

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Here's another. Now this would have me cleaning my shorts!
When you have three scared grizzly cubs looking for momma, you know you are toast.

dennishoddy

shooting animals is not much different than considering a self defense scenerio.
You can blow the heart/lungs into mush and the animal will still run 70 to a hundred yards.

Humans are not any different. Unless one gets a shot on the central nervous system, they can stay in the fight for a couple of seconds, no matter what caliber/bullet is used.