Norinco 1911s

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking for experiences with the Norinco 1911s, read a little about them on other sights and a little bit here but wanted to try to get a little more insight and put in one location.

Thanks in advance

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
lol all the info I needed... lock it up :72:

well maybe not lock it up, this could become the go to spot for info on Norincos!

LStevens

Well-Known Fanatic
A buddy has one. No mods or smithing and it always has gone bang. Not the prettiest girl at the dance but she can tango.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
well picked this one up today, I have stripped it down and given it a cleaning no pictures for your viewing pleasure

pre_1318281251__norinco_002.jpg

pre_1318281430__norinco_004.jpg

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
somehow I feel like it is gonna end up costing me way more than 400 bucks

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
But then it will be worth more to you than you have in it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself!

I like this philosophy, it will go in the safe for now and hopefully get an good work over some day

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
The Norinco 1911 was known to have very good steel in the frame and slide... and the holes generally are in tolerance. Not to many years ago...quite a few custom guns were built on Norinco bones.

Heres a norinco bobtail I bobtailed, cerakoted, and put some decent sights on, it was about 4 years ago. It was before i got a decent mill otherwise I would have re-cut the serrations. It was nice.

Latest posts