Non 1911 firearm, CZ

GROOT

Well-Known Fanatic
Those are nice looking but I can't tell are they orange or red?
One pic looks red the other orange I'm sure it's my computer.
That's why I have to ask.
They actually look good in both pics just curious what the true color is.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
WTF? If it is not a 1911, it is not a REAL gun! :)

Cool looking gun, have heard good things about the CZ's, never had the chance to shoot one. In your first picture, there is a mark on the slide and frame, rear below the rear sight. Is that a take down line up or something else?

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
That's an awesome CZ!

Let me continue on Fred_G's post... My brother-in-law has a CZ-75B 9mm and I have shot it many times, and seriously, seriously, it was amazing! Way better than Ruger, way better than the Beretta 92, ...don't even get me started on Glock..., and it was just balanced right, the trigger felt great, and it ate up every flavor of ammo you fed it! :D

If I wasn't a 100%, diehard fan of the 1911, my EDC would be a CZ 9mm! Believe me, they are that incredible. So what if they are some type of Czechoslovakia or Czech Republic made handgun. Check one out next time you're at a gun counter....

Edit: Yes, if memory is right (referring to my BIL's CZ-75B), that is a take-down notch. Just line up the two cut marks, and pull the pin.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry just back on site. Yes it's a take down alignment notch. The true color of the grips is blood RED, it was 2am when I took the pictures so no natural lighting to help with the color.
Sucky part is I haven't even shot it yet:( I seem to build up a surplus of firearms them get to shoot them after they sit for a while.
Right now my unshot list includes the Shadow 2 and a Sig P210 I just got not too long ago. I have an old Hillsdale LW Les Baer and a GI No Name commander on the way soon so I will probably not get to the range before they arrive. That should be a very fun day to take all four of them to the range.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
If it is better than the Baretta 92, I need to check one out, love shooting my friend's WC Brigtac.