No Firearms Allowed at Boomarang Diners?

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
After visiting the railroad museum in Pauls Valley this afternoon, a group of eight of us decided to lunch at the Boomarang Diner.

Posted on the front door was a no firearms sign. So we took our business elsewhere.

This was my first (and last) visit at this location. Though I don't eat there often, during my visits to their diners in Shawnee, Choctaw and Lone Grove I don't remember seeing this restriction.

Is this a new change at all Boomarang Diners?

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
Did someone go in and tell them why you are going elsewhere?

I personally believe of owners don't know what they are missing out on it wont hit home so much.

dennishoddy

Matt Rigsby said:
I don't pay attention to those signs. I eat where I wanna eat, I watch a movie where I wanna watch a movie, I swing in 7-11 for an icee when I want it.
If it's concealed, they won't know the difference.
Pretty much my modus operandi.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
I don't pay attention to those signs. I eat where I wanna eat, I watch a movie where I wanna watch a movie, I swing in 7-11 for an icee when I want it.
If it's concealed, they won't know the difference.
Yep, couldn't agree more.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll deal with a misdemeanor trespass in Texas if it ever comes to it.

Btw, is all that is required in Oklahoma a gun busters sign?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Yes but it's a misdemeanor trespass if you refuse to leave when asked. No 30.06 or 07 like in Texas.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Wall said:
Yes but it's a misdemeanor trespass if you refuse to leave when asked. No 30.06 or 07 like in Texas.
But if you don't refuse to leave when asked, no charges right? That's how it is in Florida. They have a right to post the signs, and we have the right to ignore them. If they do see that you are carrying, all they can do is ask you to leave.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Tuflehundon (Rob Gee) said:
But if you don't refuse to leave when asked, no charges right? That's how it is in Florida. They have a right to post the signs, and we have the right to ignore them. If they do see that you are carrying, all they can do is ask you to leave.
Correct, ask you to leave, You leave.

I'd ask if I could pay for my drink first, but that's just me.[emoji1]

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry concealed so I just ignore those gun buster signs. Only places I don't carry are the places specifically mentioned in the SDA statute.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Josh Beauchamp said:
I carry concealed so I just ignore those gun buster signs. Only places I don't carry are the places specifically mentioned in the SDA statute.
We don't have open carry in Florida, so concealed is your only option. Only exceptions are for when you are camping, hunting or fishing. Very few people carry while fishing unless they are going offshore. The only time I open carry is when I am hunting. Any other time it will be concealed.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Brandon Deem said:
Did someone go in and tell them why you are going elsewhere?

I personally believe of owners don't know what they are missing out on it wont hit home so much.
No we didn't. But maybe we should have.

Back when they first passed concealed carry in Oklahoma, all the stores on Main Street in Ardmore decided it was their duty to ban concealed carry from their property. Several of us made it a point to step into their shops and indicate we were not carrying at that time, but that was the last time we would enter their store.

Within 6 months all the signs were gone.

dennishoddy

Flatland Shooter said:
No we didn't. But maybe we should have.

Back when they first passed concealed carry in Oklahoma, all the stores on Main Street in Ardmore decided it was their duty to ban concealed carry from their property. Several of us made it a point to step into their shops and indicate we were not carrying at that time, but that was the last time we would enter their store.

Within 6 months all the signs were gone.
That's the way it should happen. Congrats for doing that.

Latest posts