Nighthawk massaged Colt

45 Ralph

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok. I asked him. What's the big deal? If I want a few extra options. I'll pay for it. But he said he asked a few higher ups and was told ,no.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
maybe NHC doesn't want to offer certain "options" on one of their lower priced pistols,
thinking buyers might "option load" a lower priced model, instead of purchasing a higher priced model in their line.

45 Ralph

Well-Known Fanatic
maybe NHC doesn't want to offer certain "options" on one of their lower priced pistols,
thinking buyers might "option load" a lower priced model, instead of purchasing a higher priced model in their line.
I can see that happening makes sense. Want to make a Caddy out of a Chevy via option check offs. Yet they will build an older Colt you send them to restore. Just charge Nighthawk prices for the options. Everybody is happy.

Last edited:

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I can add that NH did, indeed, checker the front strap on my Colt. I'm still waiting on the finished product. Trying to remain patient, as I been down this toad before and really there's no option. When received, I will certainly be happy to post pics

I see from my earlier posts, my scope of work has changed a bit. Add in NH thick barrel bushing and plug. OE barrel was fit ok but a tighter bushing is most always a good thing. Add flush cut and deep crown barrel also, cost keeps going up

Last edited:

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
" a tighter bushing is most always a good thing."... yes..my gunsmith / guru has impressed on me that a snug fitting barrel bushing,& good barrel to slide lock up, are more important to consistent accuracy than the frame to slide fit on a 1911

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Barrel must lock up consistently to the same spot, or accuracy will suffer. Your gunsmith has it nailed. Can't say how many times in a gunstore when the potential buyer handles is perhaps new 1911 and first thing is the old slide / frame shake test. I try to never comment but I'm sure the look on my face is pricelesss.

Latest posts