ngc - inside combat rescue

jeremys

Well-Known Fanatic
wow...

I think my job is stressful...
If you can watch this show and not get emotiomal...well...

Perspective.

For those that have endured this, I salute you!

jeremys

Well-Known Fanatic
Wormydog1724 said:
Last nights episode was tough to watch.
The 3 limb amputee, the 20+ people working on him and the nurse. Amazing professionalism was in that room.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
jeremys said:
The 3 limb amputee, the 20+ people working on him and the nurse. Amazing professionalism was in that room.
That's what gets me about this show. Those parajumpers are just kids, at least to me, and they are plain studs! No two ways about it.
Their maturity, competence and most of all, their coolness under pressure is amazing. Makes you downright proud...

jeremys

Well-Known Fanatic
backer said:
PJ's get all the glory in the rescue community but don't forget about everyone else who busts their ass to get the mission done.
I don't. Restrepo was equally as heart felt when watched.

They are all hero's.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
I watched that one as well.
Me too. Was really pissed at the end. I sometimes think that I probably ought to quit watching these shows because of the reasoning. But there ain't no way. The awesomeness of our boys and girls in uniform transcends political BS.

jeremys

Well-Known Fanatic
I utilize a bs defuser when watching most shows.

Enjoy the content, not the bs intentions.

:)

Tharpinator

Well-Known Fanatic
Scott Hearn said:
Me too. Was really pissed at the end. I sometimes think that I probably ought to quit watching these shows because of the reasoning. But there ain't no way. The awesomeness of our boys and girls in uniform transcends political BS.
I didn't think Restrepo was to politically biased, but maybe i missed something?

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't have traditional TV service and this isn't available on Netflix or Hulu. Anywhere I can watch it online?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found full-length episodes on YouTube. Now streaming the first episode on my TV.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Tharpinator said:
I didn't think Restrepo was to politically biased, but maybe i missed something?
No the movie wasn't. But the decision to just up and leave that valley completely after all that had happened there damn sure was. Our leaders have forgotten how to fight wars. Rule #1: You don't take ground and then just walk away from it giving it back. Unless said war is over. Just one of many things the brass gets wrong these days, it's as if Vietnam didn't teach them a damn thing.

dennishoddy

No the movie wasn't. But the decision to just up and leave that valley completely after all that had happened there damn sure was. Our leaders have forgotten how to fight wars. Rule #1: You don't take ground and then just walk away from it giving it back. Unless said war is over. Just one of many things the brass gets wrong these days, it's as if Vietnam didn't teach them a damn thing.

Nothing different now than then.
The only ground we "occupied" was the square foot of ground we stood on.

Latest posts