Next Heartland match?

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
Randy doesn't do cell phones or the internet. He also does not monitor any thing on the internet especially BoomeShooter. Almost unheard of these days with social media what it is.. My apologies for the poor planning of our last match. My part in it was not possible to set up in advance for any test runs. The one test run I did with David with the lateral cart was inadequate then. It rolls, we can shoot it, and the bays started filling up with customers. The last match was..chaotic. Yes. Randy was flexible enough to allow the moving targets. I was a little late bringing stuff in, on a , we're flying by the seat of our pants here. The west side stages were set up earlier than expected. They managed to clear that bay, which doesn't usually happen that soon. So the east side was all on me. Great! Lots of help there to pull it together, fortunately. You guys are awesome! Thanks. I hope Randy can continue to come up with some fresh ideas. Fresh out of input here. Match posts. Very important, Any volunteers? I talked to Randy about contacts and him checking BoomeShooter. As mentioned, he doesn't do cell phones or the internet.

Fleche

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm glad there is a match this weekend. I'm trying to get a few friends to join in because the Heartland match is fun and low stress (for the shooters at least!) and everyone should try it!

Fleche

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
L6J6M said:
I talked to Randy about contacts and him checking BoomeShooter. As mentioned, he doesn't do cell phones or the internet.
Too bad. This is a great resource for a match director to use . And its FREE

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
L6J6M said:
Randy doesn't do cell phones or the internet. He also does not monitor any thing on the internet especially BoomeShooter. Almost unheard of these days with social media what it is.. My apologies for the poor planning of our last match. My part in it was not possible to set up in advance for any test runs. The one test run I did with David with the lateral cart was inadequate then. It rolls, we can shoot it, and the bays started filling up with customers. The last match was..chaotic. Yes. Randy was flexible enough to allow the moving targets. I was a little late bringing stuff in, on a , we're flying by the seat of our pants here. The west side stages were set up earlier than expected. They managed to clear that bay, which doesn't usually happen that soon. So the east side was all on me. Great! Lots of help there to pull it together, fortunately. You guys are awesome! Thanks. I hope Randy can continue to come up with some fresh ideas. Fresh out of input here. Match posts. Very important, Any volunteers? I talked to Randy about contacts and him checking BoomeShooter. As mentioned, he doesn't do cell phones or the internet.
can anybody translate this for me?

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
Tony. Come to the match. Sometimes ya just gotta be there to get it. No guarantee the craziness will ever make sense. Kilroy was there and survived. Only one close call for him on a no shoot target. The Zombies are all dead and sad to say may never return. The floor poppers may be a thing of the past as well. No angular shooting. Full array of IPSC targets. Randy the MD is a bit illusive but still does a great job setting up stages without the chaos. Randy is very open to suggestions for stage ideas. Not sure if the tactical pick ups with the .22's is his thing but talk to him about it. Making any sense, yet? Another beer wouldn't hurt. It's Ok.

B

Beau

Im thinking about coming to this, but i have a few questions. Are the divisions still the same, scoring, # of stages, and whats the round count?

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Beau said:
Im thinking about coming to this, but i have a few questions. Are the divisions still the same, scoring, # of stages, and whats the round count?
I went to the first one under this new director and divisions and scoring were the same format as the old matches. Round count was actually lower since shooting IPSC targets, but did vary on required hits, some where 2, others were more (like 4?).

I didn't make the 2nd one, but plan on going this Sunday Nov 17th.

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
Wish we could make this one, but Kelly has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has surgery this week. Expected to make full recovery so we'll be back. Prayers appreciated. Larry

zombiegirl

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
I am going to try to make this one. If I do I will corner the MD and see if he will post regular match annouonements with details about the match each month

[edit] The Match Director's name is Randy(?) I tried to call but he won't be in until tonight so i will call back and get everyone some details
Do you have details? Cost, time & round count?

landshark069

Active Fanatic
OK, FIRST, let me say that the matches are currently held on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Cost is $15. Sign-in time is 5:30 PM. Randy has been clearing one side of the range before 6:00 so we can set it up early, which allows us to start a little earlier.

SECOND, Randy works part-time at Heartland and either volunteered or was shanghaied into running this match. Either way, it should be greatly appreciated by all of us. I know I don't want the responsibility, and judging from the lack of volunteers from the rest of you, neither do you ! He is an old IPSC shooter and that is his basis for his matches. He asked us (on BoomerShooter) to meet with him and discuss what we wanted to do in this match. 6 people showed up (including me). We offered our help to Randy and told him that others who shoot this match would do the same. Yes, right now the stages are a little primitive and chaotic, but remember, the previous match had, what ?, about 3 years to work out all the bugs. I tried to convey all that was discussed to anyone interested in this match. If we want this match to continue and be fun, we need to show up, help out, and make suggestions about what we want to do. Hell, Randy isn't shooting the stages, he's just setting them up for us ! He wants to set up the types of stages we want !

I know we ALL have fun here, so if we want it to continue, let's HELP OUT ! And THANK YOU Benjamin for keeping the scores and posting them to BoomerShooter !

When we met with Randy we discussed the entry fees and the gift certificates. We suggested a $15 fee (since nobody was supposed to be making a profit). He told us that he and another employee would be required to stay late (for closing) and part of our fees would be used for their wages. What was left would be given to us in gift certificates. I think the range wanted to wait a couple of months to see how the money worked out before giving out the gift certificates. They (Randy and Steve, the manager) also talked about maybe reducing the certificates to $25 so they could give out more. Obviously, that remains to be seen. But let me ask you, what kind of gift certificates does H & H or OKC gun club give out at their matches ? Most of us are happy just to have the opportunity to shoot a fun match (at a reasonable rate, too !).

Also, let me say ONE MORE TIME,,,,,,at the present time, we are NOT SHOOTING .22 tactical rifles. If there are enough people that want to do this, LET RANDY KNOW !

Fleche

Well-Known Fanatic
Attendance denied! :angry: After a day of trying to prep the house to put on the market, my wife about shot me for suggesting I was headed to Heartland.

Sucks...Hopefully I'll be in town for the next one before the move to South Carolina is complete.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
The scoring (results) we usually see looks like a macro in Excel. Who has that? Randy asked me to do scoring, and I would have, but I don't have it nor can I create one.