Newbie....I guess

rickomatic

Fanatic
I could have sworn that I was already a member of this forum, but they couldn't find me on either of the emails I've used over the years. So, I just re registered, and off we go.
I'm your typical (is there such a thing) senior gun nut. Been collecting all sorts of firearms for nearly 40 years. I've got everything from indian war era single shots, to scary black rifles I've built myself. If it goes bang, I'm all over it. While I've had a couple "kinda" 1911's over the years, (Sistema Colt, and Ballister Molina) I've never owned the real deal. Until now. Just went to my FFL and filled out paperwork to take possession of my 1945 build CMP 1911. I'll hopefully have it in my grimey hands mid next week. Hope to re aquaint myself with the 1911, and it's all up to you guys and gals to keep me on the straight an narrow. Hopefully along the way, I can add valuable content from time to time. Glad to be here.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Louisiana! Indian war era single shots... Got any picts of those, or your 'new' 1911?

Sometimes I live vicariously through other's gun collections. :) 3363.JPG

This is an old Marlin 336 SC I would like to get fixed up one day. The replacement stock does not fit perfectly, have pondered sending it off for a refinish, even though I normally would not do that for an older gun.

rickomatic

Fanatic
Welcome from Louisiana! Indian war era single shots... Got any picts of those, or your 'new' 1911?

Sometimes I live vicariously through other's gun collections. :) View attachment 8277

This is an old Marlin 336 SC I would like to get fixed up one day. The replacement stock does not fit perfectly, have pondered sending it off for a refinish, even though I normally would not do that for an older gun.
The Marlin 336C holds a special place in my heart. It was the very first hunting rifle I ever bought. I paid $89 for a brand new in the box one in about 1974. Somewhere I still have the receipt. Good times....

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome, Sir. You will fit right in. I love most all forearms and my safe reflects that!! Enjoy your "new" CMP 1911A1, it will be interesting to see the pics. Hint, hint.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I could have sworn that I was already a member of this forum,

And so you are Rick, everyone is welcome here, Errr well almost everyone LOL
We do love women, only not the Pompus wind bag below. So why is she holding a Gun :eek: we just do not know
it seems she does not know what she is doing & that face UGHHHly.

Bernie (7).jpg

Welcome to 1911 Fanatics a welcome breath of fresh air in a world with it's head up it's. Thought I was gonna say :rolleyes: a bad word?
We do not swear here except when were selling, buying or trading with each other then it's, I swear that's brand new LOL.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Here is the only picture of my 1911 so far. I took it today at my FFL when I went in to fill out the 4473. Hope to take her home mid next week, as soon as they get the ATF "proceed" notice. View attachment 8278
Welcome from nw Ohio and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine with the rest of us rejects!
By the way I sound gave picked that one up to especially for $0.00
That's the bestest deal I've seen in like….forever!

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
I could have sworn that I was already a member of this forum, but they couldn't find me on either of the emails I've used over the years. So, I just re registered, and off we go.
I'm your typical (is there such a thing) senior gun nut. Been collecting all sorts of firearms for nearly 40 years. I've got everything from indian war era single shots, to scary black rifles I've built myself. If it goes bang, I'm all over it. While I've had a couple "kinda" 1911's over the years, (Sistema Colt, and Ballister Molina) I've never owned the real deal. Until now. Just went to my FFL and filled out paperwork to take possession of my 1945 build CMP 1911. I'll hopefully have it in my grimey hands mid next week. Hope to re aquaint myself with the 1911, and it's all up to you guys and gals to keep me on the straight an narrow. Hopefully along the way, I can add valuable content from time to time. Glad to be here.
Welcome..back....and Merry Christmas in July!!!

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
The Marlin 336C holds a special place in my heart. It was the very first hunting rifle I ever bought. I paid $89 for a brand new in the box one in about 1974. Somewhere I still have the receipt. Good times....

My 336 is just a tad older. I think it was made in the '40's or 50's, not sure, it was my Grandfather's deer rifle. Nice looking classic 1911 you have!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
And so you are Rick, everyone is welcome here, Errr well almost everyone LOL
We do love women, only not the Pompus wind bag below. So why is she holding a Gun :eek: we just do not know
it seems she does not know what she is doing & that face UGHHHly.

View attachment 8281

Welcome to 1911 Fanatics a welcome breath of fresh air in a world with it's head up it's. Thought I was gonna say :rolleyes: a bad word?
We do not swear here except when were selling, buying or trading with each other then it's, I swear that's brand new LOL.
At least she's holding what appears to be a Glock, and the fugly witch isn't defiling a 1911. :oops:

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic

Sometimes I live vicariously through other's gun collections. :) View attachment 8277

OMG.... I had an old Marlin .30-30 (everybody did, back in the day!) and loved hiking around the thick forests and brush, thickets, briars, etc... like an old hound dog with an open sighted Marlin 336 years ago. So many incredible memories! :D

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome
Think I got passed over on a CMP 1911. I think my number range has come and gone? 24xxx

rickomatic

Fanatic
Don't think so. Saw a post on the cmp forum from yesterday where a guy with RGN 23788 just got the call yesterday. Hang in there. You're getting close.

Latest posts