New Versa Max Competition Tactical - Loading Issue

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
Anything else you can do to the handgaurd. Or are all the tapered look like that?

Forearm is huge, the m1 handgaurd is nice how it blends into the receiver.... Wish VM was the same.

bigsampson

Well-Known Fanatic
I picked up a comp tac about 6 weeks ago.
Had similar problems with the shell catch.
Personally, I think the gun is the "most ready" out of the box, but mine was not really match ready by my standards.
I have since opened and polished the loading port more and tuned the shell catch.
Now it runs very, very well. Shot the versa max challenge in Atlanta with zero malfunctions or misfeeds.
Really like the gun.
Have to say, for the money the whole shell catch thing is a bit ridiculous though.

pittglocker

Fanatic
Hank Coates said:
I picked up a comp tac about 6 weeks ago.
Had similar problems with the shell catch.
Personally, I think the gun is the "most ready" out of the box, but mine was not really match ready by my standards.
I have since opened and polished the loading port more and tuned the shell catch.
Now it runs very, very well. Shot the versa max challenge in Atlanta with zero malfunctions or misfeeds.
Really like the gun.
Have to say, for the money the whole shell catch thing is a bit ridiculous though.
Thanks for the feedback. So, for your needs, you left the lifter alone? Did you shorten or bevel the forend?
Jeff

bigsampson

Well-Known Fanatic
The lifter on the comp tac is actually pretty good.
I didn't touch it..
I could see that it might be beneficial to shorten, bevel and polish a tad.
Did take a coil or two off the spring to make it easier to move.

pittglocker

Fanatic
Hank Coates said:
The lifter on the comp tac is actually pretty good.
I didn't touch it..
I could see that it might be beneficial to shorten, bevel and polish a tad.
Did take a coil or two off the spring to make it easier to move.
This is actually very interesting. It's been very helpful to hear all of the different points of view. It's allowed me now to make a more informed decision on what's best for me. From the get go, I had the impression that the shell catch was my biggest obstacle so it will definitely be looked at. Beyond that, for my skill level and needs, I probably won't do anything. Thanks so much. Jeff

benny hill

The VM tactical is in need of a few things to be ready, Jeff's extended lifter, open up port more, Bend and tune shell release, DO NOT CUT IT, longer tube, get rid of rear sight as it will shoot high unless higher front sight is used, mod. safety so easier off & on, POA with slugs and lightened bolt so to look as good as the rest.

Latest posts