New Toy For Me...Glock 36

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, I picked this one up in the store, and, it followed me home...I haven't shot it yet...Maybe tomorrow...But, it feels pretty good. It felt real nose heavy just looking at it. Then, I loaded a mag and shoved it home. Then, it felt a lot better. Guess the weight of the rounds offsets the nose heavieness...

For some of you who don't know what a Model 36 is....(Me when I found it. Didn't even remember Glock making one) The 36 is a small framed, ie...26-27....but it has the single stacked .45 caliber magazine....I didn't think I had ever seen one...

I called Frost to tell him about the "new" discovery that i made...Then, he reminded me that I shot his 36 at the last Shootzenfest....Like you can remember everything you shoot at Shootzenfest....

I will post more about this after I shoot it...

Steve

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice find! I did a head-to-head shoot with a Glock 36 and a Springfield XD-S...I favored the G36 by a hair. Might be a fantastic pistol to own, especially if they impose magazine limits to <10 :shock:

Get some photos up when you can!

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I had the pinky extensions for both mags..It fit pretty good. Then couple of days ago I picked up the mag extensions that add one round...That is cool. It fits and fills your hand.
I just put the extension on one mag...in case I need to carry it...But, I do have the other extension...

It is a good shooter...It may stay around for awhile...

Steve

GTrav

Well-Known Fanatic
11B3XCIB said:
Nice find! I did a head-to-head shoot with a Glock 36 and a Springfield XD-S...I favored the G36 by a hair. Might be a fantastic pistol to own, especially if they impose magazine limits to <10 :shock:

Get some photos up when you can!

What made you go with the 36 by a hair?

GTrav

Well-Known Fanatic
urbancommandox said:
What made up your mind over the xds? I know you need the extended seven round mag on the xds or else your pinky hangs off.

Just an FYI, you can get just the pinky base plate from Pearce.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Man...My camera is as old as I am...You wouldn't want to even see pictures...

I took the model 36 to the range for a short test...It seems to shoot good. I think the length on the extra round extension is going to help a lot. I had the pinky extensions on the mags before. The one round extention feels good...

Hope to get back to the range sometime this weekend to do some more testing...

Steve

Midnight Raver

Well-Known Fanatic
Frost must have his set up the same way, with his big hands and all. I would love to try one out some day to see the difference compared to the Glock 21. My wife did pretty well with the 21, bet she would like the 36 even more.

wetdog1911

Fanatic
Man! I want one of those so bad.

I have a very nice Officers ACP that King's did a lot of (mostly internal) work to. No problems with the OACP, but after a couple surgeries and 'stuff', something lighter is really desired.

The single stack appeals also. I had a G17 long ago and that fat grip just never worked well for me.

Wet

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
I use a 36 as a carry gun and I overall like it. However, when I first got it, I had to send it to Glock due to reliability issues (about 4% failure rate). Since then, it has done the BELT advanced CWP class and MAG-20 class with excellent results.

I found the stock Glock magazine base pinches me, and I changed them out to Pearce for much enhanced comfort. When I sent it back to Glock, they re-installed the stock mag bases, and that was annoying, but I can't blame them for re-setting the gun to factory specs.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Well...I had problems with the Glock....so...it's gone.

For some reason it would latch the slide back every time I fired it. Had an extended slide latch on it.

I went to East Coast guns and talked with DAle...He looked it over, then, as he always like to do...he took it apart...LOL

He finally just replaced the extended slide latch with a factory pierce.

I took it back to the range. It would run 3 or 4 rounds...then the slide would latch open. Then, it might fire a whole mag or 2 fine. Then, it would do it again. Randomly....That is when I threw it in the range bag....never to fire it again. Next day I traded it for a S&W Model 19 .357 with a 2" barrel in nickel...And, I gave that to my wife for her Birthday...

I really did like hte gun, though....I might buy a new one......some day.

Steve

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I would have sent it to Glock (they would have sent you a shipping label) and gotten it repaired prior getting rid of it. At least give the manufacturer the opportunity to make it right. My wife's thousand dollar Springfield EMP 9mm would do the opposite...NOT lock the slide back on an empty mag among other things. 2 weeks and it was back in the safe but functioning perfectly.

The Glock 36 I shot about 50 rounds through was flawless. I just noticed the guy asking me a few weeks ago why I liked the G36 better than the XD-S. The slide on the XD series (I own an XD .45 and an XD-M .45) and they are VERY tight even after shooting it plenty. But, the grip texture on the XD-S was too much for me. A little is fine, but it was just unnecessary for me and I didn't like how it felt under my palm. The G36 was a tiny bit wider but still lighter which to me was more important that the overall exterior dimensions. Only reasons I haven't bought one yet is because 1) Not enough room in the safe 2) Need a back up G19 first and 3) Want a .45 suppressor

wetdog1911

Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
no excuse. ill bet there is room for a second safe.

Boy!

I've found out the 'room for a second safe' comment is not something to drop in casual conversation with your wife. :roll:

You would think that after 36 years I'd know better, but noooooooooo :lol:

Wet

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: did i mention i have a full auto?

Damn, i love my wife. remind me to buy some roses this Thursday.

Latest posts