New toy, 1911

shane361

Well-Known Fanatic
As I mentioned in "show us your 1911s" I just picked this up for a good price. Friend's family back home is going through a ruff patch and he was selling off guns. I picked this Magnum Research Desert Eagle 45 1911 for $550 with less than 200 rounds fired through it in mint condition. I know little about this brand and the name seems to cause alot of confusion. I didn't know there was a 1911 45 Desert Eagle myself. Anyone have any information pertaining to this gun cause I'd love to hear it. Anyone ever shot one? -Shane
DSC00024.jpg

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I have seen them, but, have no knowledge of them..Good looking and....it's a 1911. What's not to love...Now...go shoot it...

Steve

shane361

Well-Known Fanatic
When you heading to the range next Steve? :D I think you would love the trigger pull on this one..just breath on it! :twisted:

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
Those DE 1911's get raves from East Coast. They got one in, an employee bought it, and they all think that it is a great 1911. It apparently has nice craftsmanship compared to the rest of the 1911 market. I think you got a great piece at an awesome price.

Grats!!

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Shane: I am hoping My Nephew and I will get to go this Saturday...We usually try to get to Boggy Head around 10:00...

You have to remember, I am retired...I don't get up to early...

Let me know if you want to meat us, and what you want me to bring...

Steve

shane361

Well-Known Fanatic
Just saw this Steve :? Gotta make a dump run and work on a paper...sometime soon though we need to get together!

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
My Nephew amd I go almost every Saturday..

We saw Dave29461 out there yesterday...We shared out toys...He had a new .22 adapter kit for his Glock .40..pretty slick...

He also enjoyed my Garand a little...

Good day.

Steve

Latest posts