New to this forum

Targetfan

Fanatic
I am a retired engineer, and practice target shooting as a hobby. I have made competition in the nineties in compressed air, sport pistol and free disciplines.

I started back shooting in 2010 and started to shoot center fired pistols. In order to make my mind on all the comments I was reading from aficionados, I have bought many reputed models; finally I own too many. Now I shoot and reload 38-357, 45ACP, .40 , 9mm.

I started shooting with customized guns with ergonomic grips, adjustable trigger position, sights distance and size, barrel weights, etc

I shoot one handed and I believe that with a good technique someone can achieve comparable precision with almost any pistol. However some are more pleasant and easy to shoot well.

The 1911 design is a century old but for my hand it's ergonomics is one of my favorites for fun and target shooting.

Happy to join a group of shooters who appreciate that platform.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Welcome @Targetfan glad to have you a part of the family for sure! Looking forward to learning about your reloading, and your customizations to the 1911's you have.

Targetfan

Fanatic
I am reloading with a Dillon Squaredeal. I have bought four head assembly plates and the kits for 38-357, 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. Once the setup is made I can switch caliber in a few minutes.I have also two powder dispensers. The powder measurement is easy to adjust and repetitive.
I am very saisfied with Dillon support, the primer handling works flawlessly and Dillon replaces worn or broken parts without discussion.
Normally I use Winchester 327 powder which works well wih all my calibers. During a powder outage in Canada the only powder available was Winchester Auto-Comp (Ihave a 10 pound bucket) which is very dirty.
I wonder how the the tests of gun reviews are made because I have thighter groups than most of them with reloaded ammo!

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana, you will enjoy yourself.