New to the whole show...

Matt1234

Fanatic
New to guns and shooting. Learning to reload, hunt, shoot, and just all around learn...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
:welcome:

Let us know if you have any questions. We hope to see you out at a match in the near future.

Matt1234

Fanatic
Can u help me with an ar 15 parts list? I want to build it from scratch piece by piece.

TroyF

TheBearcat
It's pronounced "My-am-uh"......

Welcome, brother.

As far as your parts lsit goes, tell us what you want to do with the rifle. Otherwise we'd ending up having you build a 3k plinker.....

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Welcome.
There's plenty of knowledgeable peoples around here to answer whatever questions you may have. Be careful building an AR though because its highly addictive and becomes expensive very quickly.

Matt1234

Fanatic
Ya my dad had built one and now he is working on his third one it is gettig more expensive each one he makes

Matt1234

Fanatic
What Troy says... What do you want to build, cheapest possible, 3 gun, super accurate?
I want to build one that is accurate but as cheap as possible, this is my first build an i have a stripped lower And lower parts kit just want to build it slowly and piece by piece... Not looking for a "kit" so i need to know what parts to get so i can start researching the best for the money... Thanks for your help ;)

accurate and cheap are two relative terms.
You need to define them.

welcome to BS!

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Welcome aboard. The cheapest possible AR is going to be a kit gun. I started with one, and it was very accurate and otherwise just fine, perfectly reliable and 100% functional aside from operator error. It was not good for competing, though, except that it allowed me to compete at all, and I've since made upgrades that weren't cheap.

Matt1234

Fanatic
Welcome aboard. The cheapest possible AR is going to be a kit gun. I started with one, and it was very accurate and otherwise just fine, perfectly reliable and 100% functional aside from operator error. It was not good for competing, though, except that it allowed me to compete at all, and I've since made upgrades that weren't cheap.

I want to put it together piece by piece so i know how it is put together...

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Then take the upper apart and put it back together after you build the lower. It's like magic.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If you want accurate u should start looming for a good barrel. Options are plentiful. I might have one for you. If you want cheap then You can scour the various forum classifieds and build a sub $600 gun.

dennishoddy

If you want accurate u should start looming for a good barrel. Options are plentiful. I might have one for you. If you want cheap then You can scour the various forum classifieds and build a sub $600 gun.

Cheap barrels can be resonably accurate for a shot or two, then start to drift. $ talks in barrels that are accurate shot after shot.
What are you wanting to do with the rifle?

TroyF

TheBearcat
I good trigger is a pretty important component in the search for accuracy (from a shootability standpoint). A good trigger that wont break the bank is a Rock River Arms trigger.

Latest posts