New to the group and the 1911 platform

ryan.davis

Fanatic
Good morning and thank you for welcoming me into the community. I am a newcomer to the forum and also the weapon. I have a tisas 1911 I bought quite a while ago because I paid practically nothing for it that I've never shot, but just recently acquired a Staccato P and decked it all out. It has lit a fire, now I've got the itch and am looking at high end 1911's.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Good morning and thank you for welcoming me into the community. I am a newcomer to the forum and also the weapon. I have a tisas 1911 I bought quite a while ago because I paid practically nothing for it that I've never shot, but just recently acquired a Staccato P and decked it all out. It has lit a fire, now I've got the itch and am looking at high end 1911's.
Welcome to the group. Now you've lit a fire you can't put out lol.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
If I'm going to start looking at a nicer 1911 than the one I currently have do you have any recommendations on where to start?
Mine are basically stock, fanciest one I've had was a Old model TRP. swapped it to my son, couldn't afford to buy it back. Man I miss that gun! Old enough to not have forward teeth on the slide. I've only seen one other like it and that was on Gun Broker. Couldn't afford that one either. Lots of folks here with a lot of experience with what you are seeking. Enjoy the ride.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Welcome to the group! I remember my first 1911, and thinking man, I gotta get more....so learning about 1911's can be bad for one's wallet!

They sure do bring a lot of happiness at the range!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic