New to the forum, longtime 1911 fan!

Reb Tyree

Fanatic
Greetings 1911 fanatics. Retired LEO 27 yrs, also retired Army E-8/MSG had my last tour in the Sandbox (Iraq). Was injured and forced into retirement. Been carrying a 1911 for 40 plus years. Currently carry a Kimber Pro CDP 45 acp or a Kimber TLE/RL 45 acp. I come from the era of steel and wood. Started my Law Enforcement career carrying a revolver, S&W model 66 357 magnum with a Safariland level 3 holster along with the old drop pouches, until I got Safariland Speed loaders carried in a quad Safariland speed loader pouchI have been forced to carry the plastic fantastic Glock model 22, on duty, which wasn't a bad weapon, but always preferred a 1911 when I had a plain clothes detail. I carried a 1911a1 in the military until I was forced to turn in my 1911a1 for the Beretta 92, which I truly despised. Was taught by my father and uncles, all WW2 vets, at a very young age to shoot a Remington Rand 1911a1 and a M-1 Carbine and later the M-1 Garand. Well enough about me, Thanks for the welcome!

Reb Tyree

Fanatic
Thanks Y'all for the welcome. located in "The Peoples Republic of Kommiefornia" behind enemy lines in the north part of the state.

Snowman45

Fanatic
Welcome, Reb. You'll find a lot of useful information and just good, knowledgable folks. I'm a retired 37 year LEO out of the California Central Valley. I also started with a revolver; Model 28-2 S&W and dump pouches. I was finally able to convince my wife that we had to escape the Marxist politics and taxes in California and moved to Arizona.

Spokes

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to a great forum and thank you for you service from a retired Leo from Baltimore....
Do you still shoot the Garand?

Arizona

New Fanatic
Welcome from Arizona Territory.
First center fire pistol Ft. Knox Kentucky

zb338

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome aboard from the great State of Pennsylvania. Thank you for serving
and giving so much for us that didn't see combat.

Zeke