New To .300 Blackout....Yeah.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, I scored today. I got a Daniel Defense .300 Blackout barrel for one of my AR's...Also, got 200 roumds of target ammo.

Got to pick up a few items, then, on to the new toy...I can't wait.

Steve

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I sure hope so...Now, got to gather parts to do a remodel///Clicker talked me into a free-floating handguard system and a scope.....

I am an iron sights kind of guy...but, Clicker says..."Nobody shoots 300 blackout with iron sights"....and...What Ever Clicker Says, I must Do....(Almost Like Yoda)....LOL...

Steve

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
What kind of optics are you looking at? For the money and quality, I feel like Burris will be my next optic purchase. The TAC30 and the MTACs are sweet, and they have a 3x or 5x optic slightly larger than an Aimpoint.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Man...I am old and poor. Retirement don't buy high dollar glass...hell, if I can see 100 yards I am happy...

Clicker said he might have something laying around that I could borrow....But he said I had to promise not to sell or trade the gun off with his glass on it....I was shocked....He acts like I trade every day, or something....LOL

Steve

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the Club!

I'm using a Burris AR 332 on mine (3-power point sight-I had it at Boggy Head during Shootzenfest.), but I've seen some 1-4 x30 models that would do good and not break the bank. Even a pistol scope would work with the long eye relief.

A lot of the benefit is simply having the target and the reticle on the same plane.. Iron sights are ok, but an optic on top just works so nicely.

Enjoy!

SC

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been looking at the Burris AR 536... how do you like the AR332? How is the clarity and quality? Thanks

SuperChuck said:
Welcome to the Club!

I'm using a Burris AR 332 on mine (3-power point sight-I had it at Boggy Head during Shootzenfest.), but I've seen some 1-4 x30 models that would do good and not break the bank. Even a pistol scope would work with the long eye relief.

A lot of the benefit is simply having the target and the reticle on the same plane.. Iron sights are ok, but an optic on top just works so nicely.

Enjoy!

SC

SuperChuck

Well-Known Fanatic
I like the 332 enough that one day I'll be trying out the 536 when the funds allow. I think its still a bit scarce on the market yet, it took a while for me to find a 332 as well when I finally pulled the trigger on it.

Clarity, is excellent, the reticle is clear in red, and green, and unpowered... its very crisp and the detail is amazing. For how little I shoot that rifle, its almost more than I needed, but it was my choice for the next step from regular 30mm Red Dots.

Consider that the central image {Dot} is good for close up, and the details within the dot allow for drop and finer aim. I'm definitely satisfied, I made sure to wait for a reasonable price, due to the scarcity it was going high in a few places. I'll do the same for the 536 when it comes time for it..

If I can make it to the fall shootzenfest, I'll have it with me, its one I'll keep a long time, barring any technical issues. I've had a good history with Burris scopes(I own 4-6 of their products), so I'm hoping the 332 will follow that same pattern.

Regards,

SC

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
MidwayUSA keeps the 332 and 536 in stock. I peeked through a TAC30 at PSA one day and was very impressed with what I saw. Granted there was no range time, just 5 seconds scanning things across the parking lot. But, I have the cash for one on hand and the 536 looks very enticing. I do have 2 other items on my purchase list; a Geissele trigger and a gas ported upper to use with my suppressor, and I'm not sure if I should go with an optic or the other two at the moment. I am going to sit on the money and wait a couple weeks and see if anything changes my mind. Not to mention, a buddy said he was replacing his ACOG and would sell it to me at a hugely discounted price...so we'll see if that comes through.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Clicker and I have been talking more about my 300 Blackout build....He has changed my mind on which rifle to use...

I am going with my kitchen table built rifle. It is the Stag lower with the drop inTimney trigger system.

It has a Spikes Flat Top on it now with Magpul black furniture and MOE handguard...I am looking for a free floating handguard, but, cash is real tight right now...Just had new roof put on the house last week...hard on the billfold...

I have the Daniel Defense Barrel...I need a flash suppressor for the 5/8x24...but, Clicker has one to loan me. He also offered the glass...so...looks like I am getting close. I have that 200 rounds of range ammo and am dying to burn it up...

Steve

Latest posts