New S&W PC 629-7

Young Guns

FNH Please
Here's my new Smith Performance Center 629-7 44 mag hunter model. This thing is awesome and has the absolute best trigger action I have EVER pulled.

IMAG0607.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

Young Guns

FNH Please
Thanks! Really don't know too much more about it. It is a Lew Horton edition, and has a serial number XMD00XX. I have seen several others with different serial number prefixes and rubber factory grips before but not like this one. Like I said, the trigger is AMAZING. Just a touch of the trigger while in single action and it goes. The double action is light and very smooth. I have a set of Hogue's coming soon for it. The wood grips look good but they slip too much in my hands while firing. The rubber ones should help a lot. I was getting 1" groups standing free-handed at 15 yards with it. When I get the rubber grips on I will take it to an outdoor range and really test it out. I was shooting steel rams at 200 yards with my super blackhawk, this should do much better.

dennishoddy

So this is for target, or hunting?
It appears target as your shooting rams at 200 with a blackhawk. That is impressive in itself.

Young Guns

FNH Please
I actually got it because I had to sell my SBH last year and needed/wanted another .44 mag and this was the biggest baddest one I could find. I plan on using it for both target and hunting. I don't do a lot of hunting but would really love to go hunt hogs with this. I am looking into either a scope or red-dot to put on that rail. I haven't had much experience with optics, especially on a handgun, so I haven't decided what to get yet.

Latest posts