New Rules For USPSA Carry Optics

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
We just didn't see the point as a rules committee for the 10-round limit. My suggestion was OEM capacity, but that wouldn't work either as it would eliminate some guns from being competitive. 141.25mm was the only logical solution. Enjoy..

mikey80

Negative Approach
mike_pinto said:
We just didn't see the point as a rules committee for the 10-round limit. My suggestion was OEM capacity, but that wouldn't work either as it would eliminate some guns from being competitive. 141.25mm was the only logical solution. Enjoy..
It fits the Division and it makes sense given the capability of the platform and the shooter demographic.

It can only help.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Production needs to follow suit for the exact reasons Micah stated. Don't nobody load their G34 with 10 rounds, nobody got time for that!

mikey80

Negative Approach
Definitely Deplorable said:
Production needs to follow suit for the exact reasons Micah stated. Don't nobody load their G34 with 10 rounds, nobody got time for that!
Yeah, but the 10 round capacity makes the butthurt even funnier!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike_pinto said:
I would have guessed 15 was the next logical step but who can't afford two base pads if you're already spending $50 shooting a USPSA match. More Ammo/less reloads = more fun.

Did USPSA add a PCC rule set to multi-gun? If and when it does I vote we start using that at okcgc 3-gun.

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
So is carry optics basically allowing people to put an optic on their gun without having to compete with the open race guns? If I slapped an RMR on my M&P with an apex trigger and barrel, would that be allowed for carry optics as long as I kept the mags under 140?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Tyler Branstetter said:
So is carry optics basically allowing people to put an optic on their gun without having to compete with the open race guns? If I slapped an RMR on my M&P with an apex trigger and barrel, would that be allowed for carry optics as long as I kept the mags under 140?

Which apex trigger?
Is it internal modification only or is it the forward set sear that replaces the external trigger?

If it is external, then no.
Internal mods, yes.

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Which apex trigger?
Is it internal modification only or is it the forward set sear that replaces the external trigger?

If it is external, then no.
Internal mods, yes.
I have the aluminum flat faced trigger but that can easily be swapped out on the trigger bar for the Original trigger. I was just curious. Thanks for the info.

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
Tyler Branstetter said:
I have the aluminum flat faced trigger but that can easily be swapped out on the trigger bar for the Original trigger. I was just curious. Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty sure all of the flat faced triggers are Forward Set triggers. Forward set triggers have a different sear than the other kits using the stock trigger. Call Apex to confirm before trying it by I believe you will need to swap the sear also.

Tyler Branstetter

Well-Known Fanatic
Rick Howell said:
I'm pretty sure all of the flat faced triggers are Forward Set triggers. Forward set triggers have a different sear than the other kits using the stock trigger. Call Apex to confirm before trying it by I believe you will need to swap the sear also.
Will do. I swapped out the sear when I installed it. So it may not work with the original trigger.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
Did USPSA add a PCC rule set to multi-gun? If and when it does I vote we start using that at okcgc 3-gun.
Yes, PCC is covered in the new rule set that will be released very soon. We are dotting the t's and crossing the i's.. :)

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
Tyler Branstetter said:
Will do. I swapped out the sear when I installed it. So it may not work with the original trigger.

There used to be 4 different Apex sears. In no particular order; 1 was one that was semi finished for a gunsmith. 2 was for a 9/40 (non-shield), 3 fir the .45 and the shield 9/40. 3 was for forward set triggers. They may added another fir the .45 cal Shield triggers recently released.
The sears were marked with 1-3dots for identification.

Latest posts