Ruger New Ruger Officer model 1911

WC145

Well-Known Fanatic
Kinda cool. I have a friend that swears by his 5" Ruger but says it's too big to conceal, wouldn't surprise me if he showed up with one of these.

1911LVR

Fanatic
My 5" Ruger is not too big to conceal. I carry mine IWB at the 3:30 position only about 10% of the time, the remaining time I open carry. It's not the most comfortable setup, but it gets the job done.

Riv1911

Fanatic
Just ordered one! Have the Commander version, absolutely love it! Really like that it's all steel, hoping that the extra beef will tame the recoil a bit.

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
In light of the popular
gucci single stacks like the
Shield and such, I think a LW 9mm or 45 Ossifer would do a fine job in a CCW role.

dakota1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice that Ruger came out with it. I probably won't be buying one as I have a number of other small 1911 variants. I started buying them with a Detonics in 1984. Below are a couple Detonics on top. Under those a Colt Officers ACP and a Colt Compact. Under those a couple Colt Defenders. Under those a Para Carry and a little RIA. On the bottom is a little Llama which holds 10 rounds. All these are 45ACP except one of the Defenders is in 9mm.

Riv1911

Fanatic
Any range report yet?
Oh, yea, put a couple of hundred rounds of 230grn of various types, and was a pleasure to shoot! Now I'm partial to 45acp, own Colt, Springfield, Walther, Glock so recoil doesn't bother me much, that said, was expecting more effort to shoot but felt it was equal to any of the others I own! I believe that the all steel construction was and is a big plus, fit and finish very good(no rattles), point to impact was right on, follow up was smooth, and most of all grip was solid throughout manipulation of of controls. Decided to make this a carry gun, weight is not a inconvenience for me. All said very happy with it. Maybe someday I'll buy a custom 45, but for now I'm happy with my Rugers. Now I need to find a custom holster for it, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Good day......Riv1911.