New Reloading Store in Tulsa

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
Just checked out the store I heard about recently in Tulsa, Jerry's Outdoor Supply.

Www.jerrysreloading.com.

Sort of a strange experience, or at least different than what I'm used to locally. Not only did they have inventory, but they were nice. Seemed generally appreciative of me spending my money with them.

Then, when I asked them a question, received a helpful response without admonishment or sarcasm. I don't know if this business model will work. It is unique, so only time will tell.

Prices seem reasonable, but they aren't trying to undercut anybody. Told me their already substantial inventory likely to double or more in the next couple of months.

They didn't have much in terms of bulk pistol bullets yet, but said they were going to bring in several of the popular IDPA/USPSA brands that were available thru their distributors.

Store just west of 51st & Mingo.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Do you happen to remember what primers were at? 2A hasn't had small pistol recently and Sports World's prices are still at panic levels.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
Jerry's are the same price as Sportsworld.

Nice store, but prices are high on ammo and components...

dennishoddy

I've been to Dongs one time. About a month ago.
Was always halfway afraid to go there after hearing mountains of bad comments.
I made a FTF deal with a guy a few blocks from there, and needed a speed loader and holster for a Ruger Redhawk in .44 mag.
Sucked it up and went in. Looked around for a bit and went to the counter. Asked the guy if they had any, and he pointed to an aisle.
When I got to the aisle, he was right behind me, and actually went through the speed loaders to find the one I wanted.
So, I'll have to say my first experience was positive.
They had a holster as well. Lots of ammo, but I didn't stop to look at any prices.

Jon-Luc Ruben

Well-Known Fanatic
well...I have always gone knowing what I was getting into...I will admit...I don't look like the average guy who walks into dongs to buy reloading supplies (desperate times, 3 months ago) and I sure don't I look like I know what I want (goofy "just turned 21 and buying a desert eagle" face is still plastered on my face)...so I have gotten my fair share of quizzical looks and rude answers but that being said, I have always gotten what I came for. It just seems that the guys that work there let the business aspect get to them and they lost touch with why they are working at a gun supply store. That's kind of why I love this forum so much because no matter what the admins/mods and experienced members always seem to keep in mind that we are all shooters, we all started at some point, and we all want to get better at what we love. That's what I look for in a gun store. My first experience at dong's was disheartening, like okorpheus, maybe I just encountered the wrong guy on the wrong day.

PS Didn't buy a deagle, never even thought about it

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
JRuben said:
I don't look like the average guy who walks into dongs.........
My first experience at dong's was disheartening.........maybe I just encountered the wrong guy on the wrong day.
LOL, This is all I took away from this post

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't get me wrong. I have had a decent experience at both Dongs and Sportsworld. But given my number of trips and $$$ I have spent in each over the past 20 years, you would think that the positive would at least balance the negative treatment. But that hasn't been my experience. I want to support local business as much as I can, but I can only take so much. Now I will only interact with certain employees, and when I can't wait for whatever I'm buying. Yet when I go to 2A or those few occasions I'm in OKC and go by H&H, , I'm treated with the respect most customers appreciate. I will drive out of my way to shop at QT for the same reason. I'm fortunate that I can afford to pay a few dollars more for primers locally vs Internet, and hopefully we will continue to have the option to buy from a hometown store. But given the choice, I will take my money to those shops that are pleasant to interact with. That's what I found at Jerry's and hopefully others will as well.

okorpheus

Well-Known Fanatic
Business must be good. Went in the other day and they've taken over the space next door doubling their size.

Latest posts