New Member from SE ID

Leadslinger585

New Fanatic
Hey folks!

Jay from the southeast Idaho area here.

I'm going to copy and paste a part of my intro from the 1911 Addicts forum which I made under the same username. Found this place via P-F where a member was talking about how 1911 Addicts was bought out by a canadian media firm that supports anti-gun legislation. The poster said the membership had disagreements and split, creating this forum. So I'm here to check it out.

My 1911 history:

My first pistol, purchased in Alaska around 2008, was a 1911. Walked two miles in January (IIRC the average day temp was 10°) to meet the guy for the transaction (at the time I didn't own a car). It was a stainless steel Colt XS. Shot the crap out of it, then kind of got into Glocks (still am, but the 1911 is my first love). Gave the XS to my dad.

Then got back into 1911's with an XSE lightweight (O1880XSE) and later acquired an Colt 9mm 1911 that looks a lot like the original issue 1911 (right down to the arched mainspring housing with lanyard loop and brown plastic grips). After that I got a Colt Rail Gun (in .45) which grouped spectacularly, then a Wiley Clapp 9mm Commander which was a bit lackluster. I dabbled a little in Springfields here and there but they didn't seem to be as nice or as accurate as the Colts. Ironically I'm looking to get back into Springfields again, maybe with some custom gunwork (which would be a first time event)

Currently I'm looking at 1911's again after relocating to a quieter part of Idaho with the goal of getting a rural homestead out in the boonies. The 1911 is a joy to shoot and adequate for my low profile lifestyle.

Looking forward to reading up around here,
J

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey folks!

Jay from the southeast Idaho area here.

I'm going to copy and paste a part of my intro from the 1911 Addicts forum which I made under the same username. Found this place via P-F where a member was talking about how 1911 Addicts was bought out by a canadian media firm that supports anti-gun legislation. The poster said the membership had disagreements and split, creating this forum. So I'm here to check it out.

My 1911 history:

My first pistol, purchased in Alaska around 2008, was a 1911. Walked two miles in January (IIRC the average day temp was 10°) to meet the guy for the transaction (at the time I didn't own a car). It was a stainless steel Colt XS. Shot the crap out of it, then kind of got into Glocks (still am, but the 1911 is my first love). Gave the XS to my dad.

Then got back into 1911's with an XSE lightweight (O1880XSE) and later acquired an Colt 9mm 1911 that looks a lot like the original issue 1911 (right down to the arched mainspring housing with lanyard loop and brown plastic grips). After that I got a Colt Rail Gun (in .45) which grouped spectacularly, then a Wiley Clapp 9mm Commander which was a bit lackluster. I dabbled a little in Springfields here and there but they didn't seem to be as nice or as accurate as the Colts. Ironically I'm looking to get back into Springfields again, maybe with some custom gunwork (which would be a first time event)

Currently I'm looking at 1911's again after relocating to a quieter part of Idaho with the goal of getting a rural homestead out in the boonies. The 1911 is a joy to shoot and adequate for my low profile lifestyle.

Looking forward to reading up around here,
J
Welcome from Michigan. Hope you enjoy your time spent here. I have Colt Springfield and a Tisas. Each and every one of them is faaaar more capable than I am. However I love 1911's and Hi Powers, and S&W revolvers. If I could ever live up to the capabilities of any of my guns I'd be a very happy fella lol. You've joined an incredible group of folks. Again welcome.