New member from France

Vampirex

Fanatic
Hi All,

I am French, living in France (Normandy), country where it is not so easy to be a shooter, but I am, since the beginning of the seventies.

I was mainly an IPSC shooter the last 20 years. I used BUL, STI and Para 1911's. But I stopped last year because I am no longer fast enough and my sight is no longer as good as in the past.

Now, I continue with 1911's but on paper or pin shootings.

Best regards.

Daniel.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice to meet you Daniel. It's always nice to get a perspective from the European gun community. It sounds like Poland is the hot bead of training and shooting in Europe now.

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome Vampirex from the Lone Star State!
98e11c3d5b7937896135340f357940f8.jpg

French cannons buried 333 years ago near present day Victoria, Texas.
c116e187946a22fc54dedea365a0e6b1.jpg

Last edited:

Vampirex

Fanatic
Hi All,

@azpoolguy: I don't know exactly what is the best state for weapons enthusiasts, but a situation is that the European Commission doesn't like us. They want by a lot of law more and more restrictive to discourage a maximum of people owning weapons. And it seems it begin to work…

In general, countries of the East Europe are more weapons compliant than West Europe, but in France laws are very restrictive.

It becomes so more difficult to own weapons that a lot of leisure shooters abandon this hobby. Of course reals enthusiasts like me continue to own guns but for how long? We don't know. A new law has been promulgated on the 1st of August, but I didn't analyze yet.

To synthetize, the future doesn't look very pink for us.

@busykngt: I love Texas. When I was in activity I went several times there for business.

Thank you to all for welcoming me.

Daniel.

PS: sorry for my English but Frenchies are not the best polyglots… and English is not my mother language.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the response.

I've listened to a few podcast from Kyle Lamb at Viking Tactics about their European training classes and distribution of products.

It's very interesting. There are some contries where it is illigal to shoot human shape targets and they only train on the shapes on one side of then V-Tac targets but suppressors are common place and non suppressed fire is looked down on as being rude.

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome

I would love to visit some day to France to look up some ancestors.

Hang on to what shooting is available for as long as you can.

Last edited:

Vampirex

Fanatic
Welcome

I would love to visit some day to France to look up some ancestors.

Hang on to what shooting is available for as long as you can.
Of course, we stay active, but as long as t is possible.
You'll welcome here.
Daniel.

Last edited: