New member from Broken Arrow

Jarhead

New Fanatic
Hello all; old guy on the block here (yeah, the new kid thing went away years ago). I want to get into some sport / competitive rimfire shooting and I'm hoping that someone here can help get me pointed in the right direction. I was a marksmanship instructor, and shot some competition for the Marine Corps, but that was some 40 years ago, and I haven't done much shooting since. Anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated. BTW, my plan is to start with the Ruger MKIII Lite and I would be interested to hear any pros or cons.
Thanks,
Ron

dennishoddy

Well, you have found the right place to get all the info you want. I've only been around one of the Ruger Mark III lite's a few times. The guy shooting it was having some problems, but we tracked it down to a magazine. Since then it has ran great.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Welcome to the forum. Oil capital used to let u shoot a .22 rifle in their practical/defensive rifle match. Buzz draw over on OSA might be able to give you more info. He doesn't post over here for reasons unknown to me.

You can shoot .22 rifle in the USSA 3 gun last time I checked too.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Steel challenge is about the only thing you can shoot a rimfire pistol at. Bring it to steel challenge and try it out

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I've seen some of the bowling pin shoots let you use a rimfire. I don't think they do those to often though. I've never been to one.

At Oil Capitol you can shoot a rimfire rifle, but I think you have to have a centerfire pistol. Not entirely sure though. I do know I've never seen a rimfire pistol used.

And welcome to the site!

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
welcome to BS. There is a steel challenge in Pryor every second Saturday, lots of .22's.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
It's kinda hard not to like the .22's, Welcome aboard

Redline

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome, you should try out steel challenge for sure. The USSA match is a lot of fun, never been to the pryor match but I hear it is a great match also. If you ever just wanna go out to ussa and shoot send me a pm I am a member there and will hook you up with a gust pass.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Welcome. If you ever head to edmond you should check out the carrygun match @ heartland outdoors. It's new shooter friendly and .22's are always welcome.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
I've seen some of the bowling pin shoots let you use a rimfire. I don't think they do those to often though. I've never been to one.

At Oil Capitol you can shoot a rimfire rifle, but I think you have to have a centerfire pistol. Not entirely sure though. I do know I've never seen a rimfire pistol used.

And welcome to the site!

14 out of 22 shooters last month shot rimfire pistols. Rfpi and rfpo are both pistol in the results.

Latest posts