New intro.

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess I should have added that we also need someone to promote them and help explain what it's us that is required to participate and have fun doing so.
Agreed!
Long range competition is a blast, if it is setup like the shooting portion of a sniper competition. I'm not a fan of laying prone and taking a nap between shots on paper.
Alternate positions, stress fire, moving targets, and target ID/engagement is a hoot!
I'll talk to the guys and try to put something together if there is enough interest!
You need a rifle that can hold 1moa with good ammo, a spotter W/optics that can see trace and buckle your seatbelts!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The guys down at Spartan Tactical in north Texas were bragging about a 10+ mile precision rifle course of fire with targets out to 1800 Meters. Sounded slow but fun.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Id like to get into the longer range stuff, I have a rifle that needs to stretch its legs...

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
Do all precision rifle matches require a spotter?
Yes and no.
Without a spotter: if you miss your first round, your second round will be likely be a waste of powder.
With a spotter: any changes in conditions down range, can be compensated for and shots are more likely to hit.
There are FAR more pros than cons shooting a precision rifle event with a spotter.

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd like to set up a match this year that is set up for a 2man team, but each member will shoot the same course of fire. Instead of 1shooter 1spotter, it will be a shooter shooter team that spots for each other. With individual and team scores.

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll move this topic to the right section. I think I sent it down the rabbit hole.
I'll throw a link up in a few.

Latest posts