New Guy.

BenchMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
So much for being a wallflower....Just got the proverbial slap on the knuckles from Sr. Mary Francis.....

Thanks for the How do ya do's and well wishes. Much appreciated.

My experience with the 1911 started with my Dad and a issue of Shotgun News, I know I'm showing my age but for those young uns reading this it was actually possible to do things with out the interwebs belive it or not. ;-)

Any way in short order an Essex Arms frame arrived followed by more parts and pieces and the "Calico" as I called it came to fruition. Dad recently gifted it to me after A Remington and Ruger 1911s followed him home. That old 1911 that we built is still digesting everything put into it darn near 40 years later. Needless to say I was gifted with the worn out barrels, recoil springs etc. that wear out over time, but for some reason those Wilson Combat 8rd mags I gave him awhile back seem to have been misplaced. I also have to find some new grips for it, Since he was a Marine he felt the need to put Some USMC Slabs on it, as a dogface I need something more befitting my knuckle dragging back round.

I have other ahem um firearms now but a 1911 is still close at hand if needed.

BenchMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks gents, never saw it as service, more of a calling if that makes sense.

BenchMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the "Get Well Soon A$$clown!" From everyone. Doc has cleared me to RTD, giving the kettle bells the hairy eyeball as I type this. Guessing the woodpile will be a better way to ease back into the mix.;)

BenchMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome and yup, this is a great way to waste time when your laid up.
Funny you mentioned "laid up". My idea and the saw bones didn't necessarily meet in the middle. While I was told to get up and move more I don't think he ment walking the beast 2 miles a day after the first week. As for those "idle hands" there isn't a dull knife, saw chain, chisel, mower blade or pair of scissors on the stead. I even got bit by "forged in fire" and the next project is a small forge....;)

Latest posts