New Guy Intro

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
Hello Fellow Fanatics!
I'll start with this: 1911's are my favorite type of firearm, altho' I like almost all makes and styles of guns... and own/enjoy a wide variety. If it has a trigger, goes "bang!" safely, I probably like it.
I shot a 1911 for the first time, over 50 years ago. And I was hooked from then on.
These days, I have more 1911s than I need but not as many as I want. They range from RIAs to full custom... and a bunch of "in betweens." None are safe queens or babied, but all are tuned, fluffed and buffed, cleaned, lubed and ready to party. (Except for one that I have temporarily retired. Long story.) They all shoot "good enough" to "shazaam!"
It's obvious that most of the contributors here are knowledgeable about 1911s and good company, too.
I'm no expert but I hope that maybe I'll be able to share a little something of value, myself.
Thank you for having me.

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
Welcome, love the screen name.

Thanks, Fred G.

Have used it on some other forums over the years, but you're the first to comment on it.

I sometimes think that if just a third or so, of the voting public would actually read the Bill of Rights for understanding, most of our political and even social woes would shrink considerably.

We like to think that our Second Amendment Rights protect all the others, but actually they ALL depend on each and all of the Ten. The Second can't exist without the other 9 Amendments anymore than ones muscles can be strong without the heart, brain, etc.

OK, rant's over. I'll step off the soap box, now. All clear!

Thanks, again.

Latest posts