New guy from Pa

snuffy19608

New Fanatic
Hello, I'm just getting back into 1911's, courtesy of an Italian made Charles Daly 9mm I found at a LGS.

I live in SE Pa near Reading, 59 y/o, divorced, and work as a pediatric home care LPN primarily with kids on ventilators. I was a paramedic for 10 yers before I became a nurse, and spent 8 years in the Air Force as an aicraft mechanic on transport aircraft.

My interests lie primarily in AR's, tactical shotguns, and older S&W handguns. I primarily stay with 9mm, 38/37,12 guage and 223/5.56 for caliber commonality, hence the CD I just picked up. Oh, I also own several cap and ball revolvers, don't get to shoot them much but have a blast (literally) when I do.

My other hobby is amateur radio, I currently hold a General class license and spend as much time as possible on HF/POTA, for those of you who know what that is.

I'm a conservative Republican in a family full of Democrats (think Alex P. Keaton) which explains why we don't talk much. I believe in God not overly religous but have a solid belief instilled by my mother which I fought tooth/nail as a teenager but now appreciate beyond words.

Well, I think that's enough for now, I look forward to learning and chatting with you all here, Take care, Greg

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome Greg to the addiction. We are a bunch of shooters who enjoy 1911s & all guns everywhere.
Being a Mechanic, do you work on your own guns? Many of us here do & have a lot of great knowledge.
LL-Article-Size-Photo-6-2-750x536.png

snuffy19608

New Fanatic
I do most work, only thing I will NOT mess with is fire control. Hammer/trigger/sear on a 1911 goes to a smith, haven't had to yet so we'll see when the time comes.

I should clarify, striker fired guns like the Glocks I've owned and the M&P's I own now, those are more like the old Snap-Tite models they used to make. Parts pretty much just swap out. But the 1911 needs proper angles to function correctly, my files stay in the drawer.

ETA: more clarification, I WAS a mechanic. That was a great time and I learned a lot, but now I push meds and watch kids sleep. I discharged in 1997, that was a few years ago.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello, I'm just getting back into 1911's, courtesy of an Italian made Charles Daly 9mm I found at a LGS.

I live in SE Pa near Reading, 59 y/o, divorced, and work as a pediatric home care LPN primarily with kids on ventilators. I was a paramedic for 10 yers before I became a nurse, and spent 8 years in the Air Force as an aicraft mechanic on transport aircraft.

My interests lie primarily in AR's, tactical shotguns, and older S&W handguns. I primarily stay with 9mm, 38/37,12 guage and 223/5.56 for caliber commonality, hence the CD I just picked up. Oh, I also own several cap and ball revolvers, don't get to shoot them much but have a blast (literally) when I do.

My other hobby is amateur radio, I currently hold a General class license and spend as much time as possible on HF/POTA, for those of you who know what that is.

I'm a conservative Republican in a family full of Democrats (think Alex P. Keaton) which explains why we don't talk much. I believe in God not overly religous but have a solid belief instilled by my mother which I fought tooth/nail as a teenager but now appreciate beyond words.

Well, I think that's enough for now, I look forward to learning and chatting with you all here, Take care, Greg
Welcome from Michigan sir. Thank you for your service. There are a lot of great folks here, and I hope you enjoy your time with us. Sounds like you have had and continue to have an interesting life

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation