New guy from Lawton area...

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello... I recently moved here from central Louisiana and am looking to read and learn about the local shooting scene.

Had this site recommended this past weekend at the USPSA match in Duncan (my first USPSA match and I had a blast).

I've already learned a lot from the site. Thanks for all the constructive comments!

- Josh

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Welcome! There's a few members here from Lawton that come up to okc to shoot as well. Hope to see you join them sometime.

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
Josh,

Welcome to the area. I'm in Lawton as well if you ever want to go shoot or have any questions. Just message me on here.

Are you military? I spent four years at Fort Polk before coming here.

Lots of great shooting here but being in Lawton, you will need to travel to Duncan, Duke, or OKC for USPSA.

Welcome to the site and welcome to Oklahoma.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
luke.reninger said:
Josh,

Welcome to the area. I'm in Lawton as well if you ever want to go shoot or have any questions. Just message me on here.

Are you military? I spent four years at Fort Polk before coming here.

Lots of great shooting here but being in Lawton, you will need to travel to Duncan, Duke, or OKC for USPSA.

Welcome to the site and welcome to Oklahoma.
Thanks everyone. I actually just pcs'd here from Fort Polk. I spent 2010-2011 in Ops Group and 2011 until recently in 4/10 MTN. Your name looks super familiar... Were you in 2-4 IN? I split time between Blackhawk Company and HHC.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You have found the right place if you like to shoot.

Make sure you check out our contingency program to learn how to win guns and gear. Then check out the local match schedule for OK and Texas. Double Tap Ranch in Wichita Falls might be your go to place for some matches. Robert puts on some good matches.

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
I was in 4/10 but left in 2007. Deployed to Afghanistan with them and then pcs'ed shortly thereafter. I was always in Charlie 2-30 IN.

Maybe I was such a stellar soldier they are still chanting my name....

Polk is one place I do not miss!

mikey80

Negative Approach
Hey Josh! I'm glad to see you made it here to the site. Send me a message if you need anything, you're now the 4th 10th MTN vet to join the ranks!

Next time you gotta squad with me!

Hewee

Active Fanatic
I'm also stationed here at sill. I just joined the scrap club in Duncan. I need to see when the next match is there. I'm trying to go. Rain keeps causing issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robaire Pullicar SR

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey welcome!! Take a look at the Google Calendar under Local Matches to see what's happening and when. Lots of good matches within reasonable drive.

Baire sends on iPhone using Tapatalk

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
^^ listen to that guy! Robaire is good people! He has helped me out a ton with shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts