New Frontier Armory lowers

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm fairly new to ARs. I recently assembled the first one I've built. I wanted a polymer lower for an ultra lightweight .22 LR AR I was going to build. Plum Crazy lowers were no longer made and I found the New Frontier Armory LW-15 lowers. I ordered one from Joe Bob Outfitters. It was under $40 with a Slick Guns discount and I added a LPK to get free shipping.

I installed the LPK while I was waiting on the carbon fiber butt stock and carbon fiber tension barreled upper to arrive. I got the LPK installed and I was surprised at how straight forward and easy it was considering I didn't have any experience. Once the butt stock and upper arrived, I went to town. I wasn't really sure how tight to tighten the castle nut to install the butt stock. I just tightened it until the butt stock wouldn't turn in the lower. Of course it can't turn much due to the notch in the butt stock and the receiver end plate, but I figured I should snug it up until it didn't move at all. When I did that, the lower cracked on the top portion of where the butt stock threads in. I thought it was due to me tightening the castle nut too much, and it might have been. I was going to just order another lower when I decided to email New Frontier Armory. I did and I explained the problem, how it happened and asked if there was a warranty. I was told they back their products 100% and to send it back for a replacement. I sent it to them recently. They received it on the 8th and I got a new one in the mail today on the 12th.

I suspected they would say I overtightened the castle nut (as might have been the case) and tell me it wasn't a warranty issue. Instead, they took care of it and took care of it very quickly. I reassembled it today with no problems. I'm pleased with their product but more importantly so, their service.

Latest posts