New from the Northwest

Fanatic
Hello,
Glad I found this forum.
I have been enjoying it for awhile and thought it was time I introduced myself.
I live in the FAR Northern part of California ( 70 miles South of Oregon). Have shot competively in Long Range and Cowboy Action and have just started into 3 gun. I am a retired Fireman that was also the Departments Armorer, (Sig and Remington).
My wife shoots also, and this is no **** she even loads our shotgun shells for Cowboy Action Shooting!
Anyway, I have my first 3 gun match this weekend and I am looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the great info.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Welcome to the party! Quick question for you. Where do all the cowboy action shooters hang out and talk shop? It's a huge sport but none of the forums I frequent ever have much discussion on the topic.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Welcome, let us know how the match goes & how you like the AP Customs load 2 Caddies.

Fanatic
Jesse,
Check out sassnet.com and cascity.com. It is really a kick in the ass. Not as much movement so you have to really plan out your transitions to be competive and it is usually scored non comstock ( except for the shotgun). I especially enjoy the Wild Bunch Matches where you use a 1911, a .40 cal. or larger lever action rifle and a 1897 pump shot gun loaded with 6 rounds. That is what has led me
to 3 gun.
I have been practicing the weak and strong hand load. I also ordered 2 of the AP L 2/4s from Wall and hopefully will get some practice in before the match. Thanks Wall.
This is a great site and I really appreciate the humor here!

dpd0710

Well-Known Fanatic
good grief...your fire department had to have an armorer?
Tough crowd :)
What was your alias in CAS...mine was (still is) Tim Burrattler SASS Life 16351

Fanatic
Yes we had LEO's for fire investigations.

Alias is Captain Call. Ever make it to Winter Range?

dpd0710

Well-Known Fanatic
Nope never made it Winter Range. all my CAS was in Oklahoma and Texas. Haven't played cowboy since 1999. Divorce took most of the cowboy guns, haha. Maybe going to Land Run in OKC on the anniversary was the limit. Just never got fired back up for it. Maybe when I retire the 2nd time haha.
Anyway, welcome again to the B.S. forum

Latest posts