New from Kansas

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
My son lives in Charleston and wants me to move there after I retire in six years. Thought this site would be a good place to learn more about your great state and shooting and hunting possibilities in the Charleston area.

HarperJt

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome. Most of my hunting is an hour out of Charleston. Depends of where you move to and where you want to hunt but in some cases you can hunt deer almost half the year.

Is your son going to school in Charleston or has he move here to work?

Welcome,
Jeff

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff, my son and his wife moved to Charleston from metro Atlanta a couple of years ago to work. She is a teacher and he is an electrician.

The opportunity to deer hunt for more than a month is enough reason for me to move. That and I am getting way too old to endure the ice and snow and month long zero degree temps of Kansas winters. Just not as much fun as it used to be.

What other hunting is there besides deer? Where I live now we hunt whitetail and mule deer. Some feral hogs, antelope and my favorite; turkey.

We have pheasant, quail, dove and prairie chicken but except for turkey, I am not much of a bird hunter.

Oh, and a couple of hours drive to the west we can spend a day shooting prairie dogs.

HarperJt

Well-Known Fanatic
Our big two are deer and turkey, but we have dove, quail, squirrel, feral hog, coons, fox, coyotes, crows, and a few gators. I?m sure I missed a few critters we shoot. The main thing for you might be look for a hunt club that offers a lot of species.

Latest posts