New Fanatic Introduction!

JT1911

Fanatic
Greetings Fellow 1911 Fanatics,

Glad to be on/in a gun [1911] friendly place! Originally from NY, now in Florida for the past 30 years! Loved NY for food, pizza, concerts, museums, festivals, beaches (as far as Northern beaches are concerned), forests, lakes, fishing and even hunting (back then - lord knows what a NY hunter has to go through now!)... it's a beautiful state. Like NY, California is beautiful, it's the people and politicians that mostly make me ill!. I'm not sure which state is worse... Can't speak about IL, however Chicagoans don't know sh** about pizza! (Sorry deep-dish lovers, no disrespect meant) Anyway, never liked NY for the liberalness or the antigun BS.

Although, I did shoot my first 1911 when I was 6-7 yrs old in the basement range of the 'Old Guard of the City of New York' Armory, on the upper west side of Manhattan, that my father was the Commandant of. Shot my first M1 Garand & 1903 Springfield with my father at Camp Smith in Peekskill, N.Y. during that same time! What kids are missing nowadays.....

Anyhow, I have, at least 20-22 1911's in various forms... didn't realize that I had that many until I just went to the safe to try and count them..... I got to twenty-something and got dizzy! LOL!

My 1911 brands include: Ed Brown, Colt, Kimber, Nighthawk Custom, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, STI, Dan Wesson, Wilson Combat.

Other Non-1911 Handgun brands include Canik, CZ, FN, H&K, Honor Guard, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson M&P, Springfield Armory, STI (2011), & Walther.

I'm a huge fan of Sig Sauer, (I love their Legion P-Series pistols (especially the SAO) & the MPX and MCX series (MCX & MCX Rattler) and own them all), but not their 1911's (Series 80). I'm also not a big fan of most 1911's made by Colt (Series 80), and Kimber (Series 80-all of the "II" models are series 80) for the same reason. It's not that they're "pigs" in the grand scheme of things, but not as smooth/crisp as the original design. JMHO.

I'm a collector of U.S. WWI/WWII Military arms, especially anything related to Trench Guns and Trench Gun Accessories/Accoutrements (pouches, slings, bayonets, ammo, etc). I have a few Winchester M1897's (WWI & WWII), Winchester M12's, Ithica M37 (WWII), & a Remington M11 (Riot) all original and Martially Marked. I also have a few Garands (30-'06 & .308) & Springfields.

Since I live in South Florida, I'm usually in very light clothing-normally shorts and tee-shirt. I carry my Sig P365 almost exclusively 24/7, although I occasionally carry either one of my Springfield Armory EMP 1911's in 9mm (4" EMP or 4" EMP Concealed Carry Contour) or my Dan Wesson CCO (.45 ACP). Last week I picked up a Dan Wesson ECP (9mm) and have yet to do anything with it! It's really nice!

Well, that's about it for my summary! Looking forward to many exchanges! Stay Safe and Watch your Six!

Cheers,

~JT

Spokes

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from SE Florida. I was born in the Bronx and remember expressing my interest of firearms to my uncle...
He took me up and down Tremont Ave to some gun shops where all the clerks new him. They pulled out all kinds of guns to show me.
I was probably around ten or eleven at the time...

Last edited:

Latest posts