New fan

007Hammer

Fanatic
Have a few toys, not looking for a carry firearm, looking for a 1911 for home defense and plinking. Local and respected Gunsmith recommended in the order; Springfield Loaded Target, Colt Gold Cup Trophy, Colt Competition SS. I obviously want 9mm all SS full size.
This will be my first 1911 if/when I can find one.
Local shops are not taking orders for any of them say out could be a year to get it.
That's my story, that's why I joined.
FYI I live in the St Louis area.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Have a few toys, not looking for a carry firearm, looking for a 1911 for home defense and plinking. Local and respected Gunsmith recommended in the order; Springfield Loaded Target, Colt Gold Cup Trophy, Colt Competition SS. I obviously want 9mm all SS full size.
Local shops are not taking orders for any of them say out could be a year to get it.
Welcome to the forum from eastern NC. For 1911 info, you're at the right place. There is a group of knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
You're in the right place. If you look around the gun dealers web sites and put your name on the "Notify" lists one will come available before you know it. I recently got a Springer SS TRP and several other guns before they were available in the LGS's. Cover all the 1911's and one will pop up to send to your FFL. Just put a copy of his license on file with the dealers of your choice. Bud's Classic Arms, Palmetto, Sportsman's, etc. the list goes on & on. Good Luck!

007Hammer

Fanatic
Thanks, been looking, not in a hurry but it is frustrating once ya set your mind on something and have no results. I hate when folks try to rip ya off and make an ungodly profit of you.

007Hammer

Fanatic
Found this Sig used in original mat gray finish. Spend a lot of time polishing it and adding some Wilson Combat goodies, shoots smooth and accurate now. Fun to shoot.

Attachments

• BA991BF6-EE68-4636-816F-57A1A3D045B1.jpeg
    BA991BF6-EE68-4636-816F-57A1A3D045B1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • B77C1A3A-E284-48C0-B580-1F6715F8B961.jpeg
    B77C1A3A-E284-48C0-B580-1F6715F8B961.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 94943033-74AC-4280-8EB7-0A4DFCEE7F4E.jpeg
    94943033-74AC-4280-8EB7-0A4DFCEE7F4E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the club. Glad you're here! From West Michigan, home of the troll, and her entourage of libs, and sorry a** rinos, who are making life difficult here. Hopefully folks will take the blinders off, and open their eyes, and make some much needed changes, come November. Not expecting it to happen, but....Hope springs eternal.