New Armalite 3-Gun rifles

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Looks like Armalite has some awesome new 3-gun rifles coming out!

From their Instagram page.

"We are 6 weeks out from SHOT Show and we are excited about our 2015 product lineup! If you are attending the show be sure to stop by and see us in Booth #11771. However, if you cannot attend check back weekly as we feature our new products.

2015 SNEAK PEEK: ArmaLite 3-Gun Rifles
Purpose built for 3-gun and practical rifle competition, these rifles are ready to dominate any stage straight out of the box! Available in both 5.56x45 mm and 7.62x51mm, these rifles feature stainless steel barrels in both 13.5 (shown) and 18 inches. The new ArmaLite tunable muzzle brake and adjustable gas block allow the rifle to be individually set for optimal performance. (The 13.5-in. models have a pinned/welded muzzle brake to make the external barrel length 16-in.) A free-floating handguard, Raptor ambidextrous charging handle, Luth-AR MBA-1 adjustable buttstock and 3-lb. Timney trigger make these rifles sleek, fast and ready for action."

Dan Haught

Fanatic
Looks like a nice piece. Gotta say though that I hate pinned and welded stuff. Maybe that's the perfect barrel/brake combo but now that I've switched muzzle devices on my 14.5" LWRC once I don't think I want to mess with it again.
That SLR does look like a nice hand guard. I was going to build one of those until I got the back in stock notice for the 15" KMR.

jtischauser

Dan Haught said:
Looks like a nice piece. Gotta say though that I hate pinned and welded stuff. Maybe that's the perfect barrel/brake combo but now that I've switched muzzle devices on my 14.5" LWRC once I don't think I want to mess with it again.
That SLR does look like a nice hand guard. I was going to build one of those until I got the back in stock notice for the 15" KMR.
Doesn't it have to be pinned and welded to be legal on a 13.5" barrel?

Dan Haught

Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Doesn't it have to be pinned and welded to be legal on a 13.5" barrel?
That's what I'm talking about. Kind of a pain in the butt if you ever want to try another muzzle brake besides the factory one. I'm sure the shorter barrels are handier and transition faster though. If it's a truly kick ass brake then maybe no one will ever want to change it but gun owners are like hot rodders, nothing is ever good enough as is.

If you have the equipment at home it wouldn't be too bad but not everyone has a welder handy. Just a thought.

I do like the looks of that stock though. I was thinking about trying one of those instead of a PRS.

Doesn't Daniel Horner run a shorter barrel like that in the 3GN stuff?

jtischauser

Dan Haught said:
That's what I'm talking about. Kind of a pain in the butt if you ever want to try another muzzle brake besides the factory one. I'm sure the shorter barrels are handier and transition faster though. If it's a truly kick ass brake then maybe no one will ever want to change it but gun owners are like hot rodders, nothing is ever good enough as is.

If you have the equipment at home it wouldn't be too bad but not everyone has a welder handy. Just a thought.

I do like the looks of that stock though. I was thinking about trying one of those instead of a PRS.

Doesn't Daniel Horner run a shorter barrel like that in the 3GN stuff?
I just bought a 14.5" Rainier barrel and had them pin a Seekins ATC comp on it. Yeah the trend is to go short and lite. I've been down this road before with light guns. They seemed jumpier to me. I'm going short and heavy to dampen the extra recoil that a mid gas system produces. Here's my 14.5" upper on my new sig brace lower. I think I need a shorter Handguard as the first comp baffle is sti inside the Samson evo.

Dan Haught

Fanatic
I'd like to shoot that Armalite. It would be interesting to try running some transition drills or a short course with it compared to the 18" rifle I just built.
I'm no competitive shooter though, just spit balling.

This barrel looked cool to me. I may build another upper soon and use it to see how much differently it handles compared to the 18". That or maybe try one of the BCM ultra light fluted barrels.

http://www.strongsidetactical.com/stretch-16-precision-ar15-barrel-assembly-cerakoted-16-223-wylde-intermediate-length-gas/

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
Armalite is supposed to be having more neat cool stuff coming out. According to their driver that came in. Thacker is supposed to be redesigning a bunch of stuff that's to be coming out.

I just heat treated these for them.

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
Hopefully armalite is there to stay. I'm sure it costs alot of money for these Sponsors.

I'm glad we get to work with them and help make some good parts for their products.

From what I hear Thacker.. and this is all hear say. Wants to take the company in a new direction. Get away from the old service Rifle roots. They want to do more with the 3 gun and new hot rifles. They are local to me, so is rock river arms. I heard they want to get more quality products and more of a line to compete with rock river. Don't know how much truth to that is. But that's what I hear locally. We have rock river, armalite, Les Baer, LMT, and superior arms all in the AR game here in my metro area. Always hearing guys talk at the local shops.

jtischauser

bulletman said:
Hopefully armalite is there to stay. I'm sure it costs alot of money for these Sponsors.
I'm glad we get to work with them and help make some good parts for their products.
From what I hear Thacker.. and this is all hear say. Wants to take the company in a new direction. Get away from the old service Rifle roots. They want to do more with the 3 gun and new hot rifles. They are local to me, so is rock river arms. I heard they want to get more quality products and more of a line to compete with rock river. Don't know how much truth to that is. But that's what I hear locally. We have rock river, armalite, Les Baer, LMT, and superior arms all in the AR game here in my metro area. Always hearing guys talk at the local shops.
I've skeats thought Rock River could do a lot better. They need marketing to go along with that extensive product line.

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse I agree. We are the only Rifle Club in my area. They don't donate anything to us. Lewis Machine and Tool donates 2 rifles a year to our club. We are more a service Rifle Club not 3 gun. LMT gives one to our annual meeting to be raffled off and one carbine for our club picnic in the summer. We let them use our range for their testing also. Rock River won't help anyone out but themselves. I asked for a a few shirts hats or a rifle for our clubs annual meeting. I talked to 3 folks and went up the ladder. They said no. I told them how generous LMT was and we will ask our members to support LMT over RRA. They didn't like that... Lol

jtischauser

LMT is like Ferrari Rock River is like Chevy. RRA is a lot like Stag just not as much advertising and way too many models. They aren't the cheapest and they aren't the coolest. They need a marketing VP with some direction.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Damn after looking at all the competition ready models I think I should stop collecting parts and just buy something off the shelf.

Latest posts