Need some help with a track

Not sure what this is and need some help. I put out a game camera but didn't catch any pictures of the animal last night.

I looked online and this is a list of animals with 5 toes

Long-tailed Weasel
Mink
Striped Skunk
Badger
River Otter
Virginia Opossum
Raccoon
Muskrat
Beaver
Black Bear
Grizzly Bear

Here is a picture
E3EFA072-1ABF-4DEB-A577-0952426FE21A-3733-000003E05C805011_zpsb8fe3816.jpg

dennishoddy

Was the tape measure put directly on the ground over the track? It doesn't appear to be canine. The pic is not in perfect focus, so its hard to see the back pad. It could be a bobcat with 5 toes. Its not unknown for them

Colt45 said:
Not sure what this is and need some help. I put out a game camera but didn't catch any pictures of the animal last night.

I looked online and this is a list of animals with 5 toes

Long-tailed Weasel X
Mink X
Striped Skunk X
Badger
River Otter X
Virginia Opossum X
Raccoon X
Muskrat X
Beaver X
Black Bear X
Grizzly Bear X

I've X'd out things that it can't be because of either geographical location of the animals vs where you live, or the size of the track is way to big for the animal mentioned, or I recognize that its not one of those animals..
To me I feel pretty sure its not canine because there are no claw prints.
Felines retract their claws when walking, but have 4 toes normally. Its uncommon but there have been some with 5 toes, the same way some humans can have 6 at birth.

Hopefully you will catch it on a game cam. Interesting.

toes way too close to pad for bear. theres no way that track has 5 toes, the toe on top in the pic thats set back a little probably isnt a toe.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I vote a cat of some kind. Cats will have their claws retracted and you wont see a claw mark with the track. I'm with Mike, I don't think that is five toes

Latest posts