Need an AR barrel

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Where can I buy or even backorder an AR barrel that is accurate, light weight, 18" with rifle gas?? I've been looking everywhere.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I had gotten an email message that the 18" dpms stainless that I thought I wanted was back in stock at Midway. JoeBob Outffiters (forum member) is starting to carry Stainless barrels and could be a good place to check.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I've used a few of those MK12 barrels on builds. They are good but a bit heavy for what I am wanting.

JTMaddox

Well-Known Fanatic
DoctorJJ said:
I've used a few of those MK12 barrels on builds. They are good but a bit heavy for what I am wanting.
i was thinking the same thing, but can't find anything else available right now. Planning to have it deeply fluted to try to get the weight down a bit...for the money (and for lack of a better option) i figure it's worth a try...

JTMaddox

Well-Known Fanatic
TacticalK9 said:
would probably be cheaper just to have it turned down
I "know a guy" so no difference between fluting and turning it to a thinner profile. thinking fluting would result is stiffer barrel of the same weight and might help with cooling due to quite a bit more surface area... Slightly concerned about machining a barrel after rifling and lapping, but in theory shouldn't be that much of an issue...

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
I would try Criterion barrels. They make a great light weight 18, or 20" barrel. If you cant find one call Benny down at Triangle Shooting Sports.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I just put in an order for 10 from Satern. Not sure when they'll be done but I may have a few extras.

Latest posts