Need a little help here.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm getting very close to buying my M&P .40
I'm looking all around for the best price. The one i like the best is a pro with 5" barrel,15+1, stricker Action. fiber front sight.
Can anyone tell be about this action? Is this a good setup.
I can get this one in a range kit for a better price than the pistol alone but is the holster really what i need for matches.
I need some detail on this pistol please. Anyone who can help PLEASE DO SO. (This is to get started shooting, improvements and mods can come later.)
Thanks for your time.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
Great. I was getting read to do just that. Good to here from you again. Stiil working on a trip to your neck of the woods next spring. Hope to see you soon.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i run that setup.. but mine has been worked on by cyrus... so i have a lighter trigger pull, holds 19+1, etc... i love it... works great... i did have to put on some dawson adjustable because it was shooting low (if you look on enos numerous people had the same problem)... unless you want to spend 3K on a STI, it is tough to find something nicer for the money... the issue that you are going to have is they are popular, so not alot of people have them for sale (when i was looking, no one had them, buds, big boys, etc...), but rick sold me his and made me happy.... you can't go wrong with this gun...

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm abid fan on adjustable sights. will be the fist thing i do. Them after i get some rounds down range i will be talking with mike to mod from there.
Thanks I love .40's and this model seems to be the replacement for the one i lost. No fault of my own. But dont get me started on that as icould B**** FOR EVER ABOUT THAT COMPANY.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
That is the one i'm looking at. Range kit said 5" and 3 mags. Just dont know about the holster.

You are so right. I have looked at so many that i'm putting parts of them all together and making a whole new model. Well back to just buying the pistol then i guess. I want 5"

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
That range kit would get you started but most guys that get serious upgrade a little to a competition holster and mag pouches. The 4" guns will work too but most of the guys that shoot a lot use a 5" or even a 6".

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
Mr.BD said the mags in the kit are crap. Just buy the gun then buy 4 mags and a mag well. Should i listen to him????
Just kidding BD. I do think that is sound wisdom.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
My thanks to everyone for the info.
ya'll have a good weekend.
i'll see you at the range soon.:103:

Latest posts