Nearly Totally New From Tulsa

Colt Cannon

New Fanatic
Hello, I am almost totally new to the world of firearms. I have never owned a gun before, besides a BB gun, and have only gone shooting a few times in my life. I am currently living in Tulsa, and I am wanting to start learning this skill. I am wanting to get started on getting my CCW, and have signed up for a basic firearms course.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to boomer Shooter, I am reasonably new here myself. These guys are very good at helping and anwering questions.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
yay for another Tulsa person, welcome to the forum.

Swavy00

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome! Great to see a new shooter. Don't be hesitant to ask questions. Glad to have you.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
USSA is one of the nicest facilities in the country! Make sure you go check them out. The offer some great training too!

Another option is TDSA for some world class training. However, they don't have a public range, yet.

Both organizations are forum sponsors and offer discounts to BoomerShooter members do be sure to check out their sponsor forums.

Welcome to the forum! Dont ever be hesitant to ask questions. This isn't the kind of place that will roast you for asking even the most newbie stuff.

slider

Hired Gun
Welcome to the forum and to a great new pastime! You will find that everyone is very supportive of new shooters. USSA is one of the top ranges in the country and you owe it to yourself to check it out. There are many classes available as you progress in your skill level and they are a great way to accelerate your learning curve.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Just saw this thread. Welcome.

If you want to go hang out with me sometime at USSA I'll get you in and can show what I know. I am a certified pistol instructor through the NRA. Not that that means much, but I do enjoy the shooting sports. Hit me with a pm if you want to go. Brandon.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
The shooting sports are a gigantic money sink. Get out while you still can, before you're standing in line with a bunch of crackheads to donate plasma so you can afford this month's bullet shipment.

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome.

You are very lucky to be in the area with easy access to USSA. Go check it out. Being new, you might have any other ranges you have visited to compare it to, but I have been to several dozen in this region of the country, and it is not only one of the best, it is also one of the most enjoyable due to a variety of reasons (helpful staff, world class instruction, ranges, targets, local matches etc.)

Best advice I can give you, accept the fact that a CCW permit class is all about the law and how to pass the test. Virtually no time spent on practical gun skills. Get some professional instruction somewhere, anywhere. USSA has both set classes, as well as Training Group, hour & half classes offered several times each week and included in some of the membership options. Great way to not be overwhelmed but to learn outstanding skills, which will also lead to a far more enjoyable experience.

Its easy to buy the hardware, but the software is far more important. USSA, TDSA, A2 shooting center and others offer quality training which is far more important than the gun itself. PM me if I can answer any questions or if you want to go out to USSA. Happy to have you out as my guest so you can check it out.

twobravo

Fanatic
Welcome, I'm new to this forum but not new to shooting. What the previous people have said is spot on though. Lots of good training is available in the Tulsa metro area.

Latest posts