My worst nightmare is coming

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I have dealt with Reynolds Ford on N.W. Highway twice in the last 2 years. once for a New Truck and Once for a Used Honda CRV. Had a good experience both times. But... As has been said before, know what you are willing to pay for what you want to buy, before you go in.

BigK674

Well-Known Fanatic
Jot my jeep at Carmax in Wichita. They do not haggle on price but the jeep I got was a couple thousand less than the same anywhere else in the surrounding states. Although I did look for several months till I found the one I wanted.

dennishoddy

We currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.
V8, 4WD, and all the bells and whistles.
It sucks. We subscribe to Consumer Reports, and its rated the worst vehice for repairs, ets.
I can back that up.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Dennis if you are looking for a Ford, go to El Reno and hit up Diffie. My sister has bought 2 cars from them and swears she'll never go anywhere else. Totally different experience from almost everywhere else. 2nd would be Reynolds Ford in Edmond. I bought both of mine there the same day. They weren't jacking me around because I was pulling up KBB and NADA on my phone right there on the spot. Also had my own financing already lined up and knew what I would not go over, I only had to fill in the amount. That also makes a huge difference.

dennishoddy

Dennis if you are looking for a Ford, go to El Reno and hit up Diffie. My sister has bought 2 cars from them and swears she'll never go anywhere else. Totally different experience from almost everywhere else. 2nd would be Reynolds Ford in Edmond. I bought both of mine there the same day. They weren't jacking me around because I was pulling up KBB and NADA on my phone right there on the spot. Also had my own financing already lined up and knew what I would not go over, I only had to fill in the amount. That also makes a huge difference.

LOL, the last time we looked for a car we hit the mile in Norman.
El Reno is probably too far for us.
The "mile" is where I'll stay away from on this trip. I had a NADA book in my pocket, and the hi pressure sales folks kept telling me that it was no longer valid. LOL. I hate liars.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I think El Reno would be about the same distance as Norman. Not much further anyway, just hang a right on I-40 when you hit downtown. Whatever you do, as mentioned before stay the hell out of all things David Stanley.

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff, I agree about shopping local, and stopped at two of our local folks, but they don't have the inventory for us to drive, and I have this thing about actually driving what I'm going to buy. Even though its going to be my wife's daily driver, we know what we need, but in 11 years, there have been marked improvements in suspension, transmissions, etc. The "continously variable engaged transmission" that I just read about on a Murano brings to mind the old centrifical clutch. Guess that will have to be googled.
We have to have AWD, or 4WD just to get up our drive in the winter, and they said they would have to have one shipped in.

What ever happened to the old 327 c.i. with a 4 speed Muncie, and a Hurst shifter! LOL!

Dennis, go the city if you have to test drive what you are looking for but try to buy local, It does make a difference. If you have a local dealer of the brand you like the dealer can trade another dealer for what you are looking for. Dealers do it all the time.......just a thought. It's not unusual for our dealership to trade with dealers in Maine, Florida and Washington to obtain a vehicle for a client.

Wes

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Best buying experience I've ever had was at Edmond Hyundai. Did majority over email, he even took my old car in on trade, sight unseen for the amount I wanted. That little Hyundai had been a great car and they have SUV type models.

Had a good experience at John Vance too, but we were friends with the sales manager, so not sure if our experience would be typical.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Dennis, go the city if you have to test drive what you are looking for but try to buy local, It does make a difference. If you have a local dealer of the brand you like the dealer can trade another dealer for what you are looking for. Dealers do it all the time.......just a thought. It's not unusual for our dealership to trade with dealers in Maine, Florida and Washington to obtain a vehicle for a client.

Wes

Dennis, I completely forgot about Wes. Go see him and by her a Lexus! :)

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
If you're looking at a Toyota, you might try the dealership in Stillwater. We weren't buying new, but one of the ladies there found us what we were looking for, for the price we would pay, twice. Both times we had dealerships in the city laugh at us - literally. One of them a manager told the salesman they didn't have time to bother with us.

dennishoddy

Well, amazingly enough, it turned out to be pretty painless. Went to Vance in Guthrie, bob Howard in Edmond, Fenton Nissan in okc, and Edmond Hyundai. It's between the Nissan mirano, and the Ford Edge.
No high pressure at all, in fact no pressure period.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
stay away from david stanley they are notorious for screwing people, bait and switch,

Whatever you do, as mentioned before stay the hell out of all things David Stanley.

When I bought my Pickup I went to DS to buy a Ram (Hemi). Made a deal but they didnt have blue so they were going to bring me one in, should be in the following monday. Got a call on Sat that the truck was in so I went to go pick it up. Got there but my salesman was off that day so I had his boss writing it up. For some reason the price was wrong & it was going to be $500 more. I said UhhUhh. He said he can't sell it to me that cheap because he won't make any money on it. I said not my problem. We already made a deal on price, so no deal. He said "you mean you can't pay $500 more for that truck". I said sure I could but I'm not going to pay even $5 more than we already agreed to, why the hell would I? What I am going to do though, is take my money across the street & see if they're a little more interested in selling a pickup. That's how I ended up with a Titan......No regrets.

dennishoddy

Its interesting that I found each vehicle has a QR code on the window sticker. It pulls up that vehicle, and all of the options, where its located, plus the vin number to make sure the bait and switch thing doesn't happen.
100% of the time that we pulled into a dealers lot, and asked to drive that vehicle, the sales person pulled a small spiral note pad from their pocket, wrote down the vin number and went to get a key.
They all had IPhones that were ringing at different times.
Finally showed one guy how to do it, and he was shocked.
these were 30 somethings! Old Geezer wins again!

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
Man, wish I could afford one. They are fine vehicles.

Can't speak about OKC dealers, but last year I had to replace the wife's Grand Cherokee. Went online to find what she wanted that I would let her have, looked around, and the Tulsa Lexus dealer had a used RX for a very reasonable price. No pressure from the sales people at all, and easy to work with. It was kinds like having a conversation with an old friend. Service after the sale has been outstanding. So, yeah, I second the Lexus recommendation.

Latest posts