My new shotgun, 930 Rhythm JM

dpd0710

Well-Known Fanatic
My new shotgun.
Mossy 930 Patrick Flanagan, added a 22 inch Jerry Miculek barrel, plus 4 magtube and Choate combat bolt handle.
I'm planning on shooting it in the tactical division at the NRA TPC in San Antonio, November 3rd.

Attachments

• Mossy 930.JPG
    Mossy 930.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 108

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks good. How does it differ from a JM Pro besides the color and charging handle?

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
National Rifle Association's Tactical Police Competition. It is usually headed up by Dan Ernest when it is in San Antonio. Sorry Jesse, only L.E. at this one.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
National Rifle Association's Tactical Police Competition. It is usually headed up by Dan Ernest when it is in San Antonio. Sorry Jesse, only L.E. at this one.

Thanks Kurt. i saw San Antonio and figured it was a clays deal.

Tactical and Jesse don't mix!

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Sure Jesse and Tactical mix! You just need an emulsifier, plenty of Sailor Jerry's and coke. Always works for me!

dpd0710

Well-Known Fanatic
twss,
As far as I can tell other than barrel, mag tube and color, the Rhythm and JM are the same.
I finaly shot about 200 rounds throught it this weekend. It shoots sweet and smooth, but was kind of fickle about some old (I mean OLD...even paper hulls) ammo.
And slugs at 40 yard were high and right about 6 inches.
I guess I will stick with the patrol division and my 870 in San Antonio, until I can find some slugs it will put dead center.
Jesse...I could deputize you, and then you could join in, haha.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I put the large shim in the buttstock to bring it down so I could get my face low enough to see the front sight only. Also I took off the barrel clamp. After doing that the gun shoots point of aim at about 50yds. try those two things first. I shoot Fiocchi low recoil slugs.

dpd0710

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, I will try some different slugs before making any changes. I was using some Federal slugs my department has had for quite awhile.
I will be on the range running qualifications all next week, so I'll shoot it some at lunch, and see if I can get different results.
I had forgot about the shims too, until you said that. Good thing I never throw my boxes away haha.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I was having trouble getting my face low enough to see the sight only. I was seeing what looked like a landing strip on the vent rib instead of just the front sight. Large shim cured this. In turn getting my face in the right position lowered my point of aim/impact.

dpd0710

Well-Known Fanatic
added the .250 drop shim. Yeah...I like that much better. Straight line of sight down the top of the rib now. Thanks

Latest posts